Menu
Will you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Jan 22, 2008 19:26
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I kind of understand where the men are coming from. I know a guy who cannot divorce his cheating wife because she is going to get half of everything if they do. The wife never worked and now she is cheating. The husband has always worked. I think it pains him that for all the betrayal that his wife is doing, she would even end up getting half of everything. It’s like she’s going to be rewarded.

The sad fact is, many people marry for money, just as many people marry for other intentions other than love. I have witnessed couples who supposedly loved each other battling it out down to the last silverware. O_o
Jan 24, 2008 20:58
  • SUMMERSNOW
I watched a movie about this topic. In the movie, a girl working at a night club takes advantage of pre-nuptial agreements to make money. The girl asks her superior to introduce some rich guys to her. Her standard for recruiting a husband is: No.1 the guy is rich. No.2 He must be lustful.

Her trick is: she signs a pre-nuptial agreement with the rich guy. The pre-nuptial agreement contains a key clause that the asset should be equally distributed in the event of divorce. After marriage, she knows the guy is lustful and make an excuse of going on a bussiness trip for several days. Then he will hire private detectives to eavesdrop her husband. If her husband has an affair with someone, she lets the detective to try their best to film their affairs so that she can use the material as attestation to sue her husband and get divorced. She succeeds and becomes rich overnight. The girl is quite tactful. She made a great fortune through 3 divorces. So be careful before signing a pre-nuptial agreement. The lustful guy should not sign a pre-nupt too hastily!
Jan 26, 2008 07:44
GUESTGUT To sign a prenuptial agreement degrades marriage itself. Marriage is not a trade!
Jan 27, 2008 21:37
  • SUNNYDREAM
"The lustful guy should not sign a pre-nupt too hastily! "
I am doubting if the lust guys should have the right to get married. So does the "tactful" girl who takes advantage of marriage and pre-nupt.
Jan 28, 2008 18:40
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Great idea! Now all we have to do is figure out who are the lustful guys and tactful girls so we can ban them from getting married. LOL!
Jan 30, 2008 21:02
  • LEONARDO
The cases Summersnow described give me a shock. It is all about money. Taking advantage of pre-nuptial agreements to make money is shameful. Aye, " money is the source of evil".

Shesgottobe, how do we figure out who are the lustful guys and tactful girls? Is there a test or a machine that can help us to identify them? LOL!
Jan 31, 2008 00:24
I don't believe in prenups. They tend to make the couple think of a negative future instead of a loving relationship. Plus, it makes the partner who earns less insecure.
Jan 31, 2008 03:47
  • DODGER
I'm with Wavering on this.Why start with a "get out" clause?
I cann't see the point.
Dodger.
Jan 31, 2008 19:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Shesgottobe, how do we figure out who are the lustful guys and tactful girls? Is there a test or a machine that can help us to identify them? LOL!"

Well, I was hoping someone could come up with that. If there is a way to know, there would be lesser divorce and heartaches, don't you think?
Feb 1, 2008 20:00
  • LEONARDO
Yes, I agree 100% with you, Shesgottobe. There would be lesser divorce and single-parent families.Kids growing up in single-parent' families are prone to delinquency.
Page 6 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code