Menu
Kunming - Lijiang night bus
Dec 27, 2008 03:11
GUESTFRANCIS Dear Ellyse. Is there a bus, train or flight from Lijiang to Guangzhau
Thanks
Dec 27, 2008 10:00
  • ELLYSE
Night bus departures for Kunming -- Lijiang and Lijiang -- Kunming around 1930--2130 I believe.
No train nor bus for Lijiang -- Guangzhou. Flights have to go through Kunming, I believe.
Jan 28, 2009 00:48
  • NINA1206
My name is Nina from Indonesia. I would like to go to china from Vietnam
I will arrive in Kunming on March 6, 2009 around 9pm. I would like directly go to lijiang on the same day.
Please inform if I can catch bus to lijiang on that night?

In lijiang I only spend 2 days, on March 8 I will take bus from lijiang to kunming.
then on March 9 around 09:00 I will arrive again in Kunming.Can I catch train leaving from Kunming to Guangzhou on the same days and book train ticket upon I arrive in Kunming that morning?

Highly appreciate the information from all of you
Jan 29, 2009 03:19
  • ELLYSE
My information is from January 2008 (1 year ago) and very incomplete. The last bus that I know of for Kunming -- Lijiang is at 2000 from Nanyao long-distance bus station. Which's still too early for you to catch. :(
If you're arriving at Kunming at 2100 I think it's too late to try and catch a bus to Lijiang on the very same day. I think there MIGHT be a last departure at 2130, but if you're new to the city and can't speak Chinese, it would be too rushed to find the correct long-distance bus station (there're quite a number of them!) and the right bus, and the bus might be sold out anyway.
If you only have 2 days to go to Lijiang and back to Kunming , is it possible for you to fly? The bus takes quite a number of hours (around 8 for daytime, a bit more for overnight sleeper buses, IIRC) to travel each way, so it wouldn't be practical for your limited amount of time.
I think it would also be too rushed for you to buy tickets for the Kunming -- Guangzhou train on 9/3. Train tickets go on sale 10 days in advance, and I would expect sleepers to be sold out by then. It's a rather long journey so I don't think you would like to go in hard seat, although those tickets might still be available.
Alternatively, try to contact the travel agency in the Camellia Hotel and ask them to help you pre-buy tickets, though I expect you'll have to send them the money in advance.
Mar 15, 2009 07:14
GUESTRAYMOND... Hello Ellyse,

I will come to Kunming on 2 April 2009. Can you pls tell me if the bus stations you say above is still the same? I will take sleep from Kunking Nanyao at 2000hrs to Lijiang. I will saty for four days then come back to Kunming also by sleeper.

Thanks and best regards
Raymond Lim from Singapore
E: yahoo.com.sg|raylso2001
Mar 22, 2009 22:52
  • ELLYSE
I think the bus stations will still be the same, though the timings might have changed slightly. Sorry, I'm not in Kunming so I don't have any updated information.
Jun 3, 2009 07:11
GUEST25218 Hi,

I'm surching for information :
(night) Bus/ train Kunming --- Dali
Dali --- Lijiang
Lijiang -- Kunming
Kunming -- Guilin

Traveling in septem-oktob. Where do I have to take the train/bus? When and where do I have to buy the tickets? Which is the departure and arrival time?

I really hope someone can help me. You can send me an email if you want to: hotmail.com|babbske
Jun 4, 2009 23:07
  • ELLYSE
If you want to go overnight, then only train would make sense for Kunming -- Dali.

Kunming -- Dali:
K9610/K9611 (2143--0615) 8h32min
K9614/K9615 (2300--0749) 8h49min

Note that the train schedule might change by the time you want to travel.

Dali -- Lijiang only takes about 3 hours by bus and I think there're buses in daylight hours.

I would advise doing Lijiang -- Kunming via overnight sleeper bus, although there're also daytime buses. I think the latest departure is around 2130 and these arrive in Kunming around 0530 but you could sleep on the bus till around 0630 at least.

Kunming -- Guilin would be better by train.

Kunming -- Guilin North:
K156 (1108--1020) 23h12min
K182 (1755--1153) 17h58min

Kunming -- Guilin:
K394 (1823--1235) 18h12min

Train tickets go on sale about 10 days in advance. You'll have to buy bus and train tickets where you're taking the bus/train from.
Jun 5, 2009 07:17
GUESTMARTA hi there! we pan to spend a week in Yunnan. we will arrive to kunming around midnight. Nextr day we want to go directly by Dali, spend there two nights and then go to Lijian to spend two more nights. After Yunnan we are flying to Chengdu. can you advise me about how to between these spots (trains, buses, times), nice places to stay (but cheap) and nice thing to do!!thanks! we are 3 females!
Jun 7, 2009 20:06
  • ELLYSE
I would suggest that you take 1 day to sightsee in Kunming (yes, it's not THAT bad!) then take overnight train to Dali. Dali -- Lijiang is easily done by bus and should take around 3 hours. There're direct flights for Lijiang -- Chengdu, or if you don't mind saving some money but not have such a comfortable ride, you could take bus for Lijiang -- Panzhihua then change to train for Panzhihua -- Chengdu.
"Nice" and "cheap" are subjective. I would recommend that you read Lonely Planet's Southwest China guidebook for a start. Your questions about sightseeing and accommodation are too general/vague.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Kunming - Lijiang night bus
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code