Menu
weather in early to middle December in Shanghai - Temperature,snow and period of daylight hours.
Oct 20, 2007 22:33
  • XIEJIANFA
I would very much appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on the weather in Shanghai, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Suzhou between 6 - 18 December. Will it be snowing, what is the temperature, the daylight hours available. And what type of clothings to bring along on the trip between this period. Your kind assistance and information is much appreciated.
Oct 21, 2007 05:53
  • LAZYSNAIL
none of these places would snow. if you are from tropical climate then you can wear down jacket.. or just few layers would do.... these places are not that cold...few degrees at night....
Oct 21, 2007 20:16
  • XIEJIANFA
just saw your msg. thank you very much for your info. Really appreciate it. wishing you sunshine and good health from Malaysia.
Oct 21, 2007 21:54
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,XIEJIANFA,

During your visiting in Shanghai, you can take your down coat here since it is cold already(close to 3 degrees normally). Few snow occur in recent years in Shanghai / Suzhou /wuxi/ Hangzhou you mention and last now is in Dec of 2004.

Our another idea is that you buy new down coat in Shanghai for new year and also it can help to reduce your luggage when you come.

Take it easy & enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: Susan205060ļ¼ hotmail.com

Oct 22, 2007 01:14
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes, Shanghai does get cold, especially if the sun doesn't come out so bring clothes that you can layer up with. I've even been really cold in Guangzhou and Xiamen much further south and supposedly sub-tropical.
Lack of sun will do it and wind chill.
Oct 22, 2007 01:16
  • JABAROOTOO
You can probably expect a good 10 hours of daylight although not all good visibility in the mornings and early evenings. Again it all depends on the weather and if it is clear or not.

Enjoy your trip
Oct 22, 2007 07:21
  • ELLYSE
Look on Weather Underground for historical weather data:
Shanghai: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/58367.html
Suzhou: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/58358.html
Hangzhou: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/58457.html
Oct 22, 2007 08:11
  • FAERIEQUEENE
if you did not come in spring, a snowy Hangzhou and Suzhou seem to be desired...
Oct 25, 2007 16:58
GUESTFRANCESCA i wanna visit beijing by December to the early part of January. i wanna know the temperature of the city during this time as i dont have a very tolerance with cold. is this still autumn in china? if not, until when is autumn as i dont want to travel during winter. Any information will be very helpful. Thanks!
Oct 26, 2007 22:49
  • ELLYSE
No, it's definitely winter.
Autumn in Beijing is approximately late September to late October.
Look on Weather Underground (Beijing) for historical weather data: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html
Oct 29, 2007 20:56
  • LEETAHOE
I will be in Beijing at Christmas and Shanghai for New years - how cold is it and what type of clothing should I bring for both places - I can probably only bring one jacket and want to make sure its enough. What are the chances of snow in either place?
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: weather in early to middle December in Shanghai - Temperature,snow and period of daylight hours.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code