Menu
Do you ever sleepwalk?
Oct 25, 2007 10:23
A surge in naked sleepwalking among guests has led one of the country's largest budget hotel groups to re-train staff to handle late-night nudity.
(Travelodge, which runs more than 300 business hotels in Britain, says sleepwalking rose seven-fold in the past year, and 95 percent of the somnambulants are scantily clad men.
"We have seen an increased number of cases over the years so it is important that our staff know how to help sleepwalking when it arises," Leigh McCarron, the chain's sleep director, said in a statement.
One tip in the company's newly released "sleepwalkers guide" tells staff to keep towels handy at the front desk in case a customer's dignity needs preserving.
The company said naked wanderers often ask receptionists such questions as "Where's the bathroom?", "Do you have a newspaper?" or "Can I check out, I'm late for work?"
Studies have found that sleepwalking can be brought on by stress, alcohol, eating cheese or consuming too much caffeine. It generally takes effect an hour or two after going to bed, when people are first slipping into a deep sleep.
Asked on Thursday why she thought 95 percent of its sleepwalkers were naked men, a Travelodge spokeswoman said: "We have more men staying with us than women, so that could be a factor."

Thank God when I stay in a hotel I wear pyjamas because I have sleptwalk in the past. he he
Alan.

Oct 25, 2007 10:26
Whoops! not sure "Slepwalk" is a correct word, I meant sleepwalking, I must have been half asleep when I typed it, he he
Oct 25, 2007 21:17
  • ICEBERG
Quite interesting! To cure those sleepwalkers, the most effective way is to scatter many pushpins around his bed. That is a joke I read in a book. I wonder if it works well.
Oct 25, 2007 21:35
  • TUNGSHUNGHWA
i often sleeptalk :)
Oct 26, 2007 01:26
i often sleeptalk :)
Now thats dangerous you might call her/him the wrong name, it happened to me once, one of my ex-girfriends called me Michael during some heated bedroom action, she realised and appologised for her error, she made my day by saying I* was better than he was anyway so I let her off.
Alan.
Oct 26, 2007 07:14
  • DODGER
Alan,
Funny post. still laughing.
Perhaps safer to stay away from names while on the job is the moral of this story.
So what did she cal out next Alan? The script should have read..Oh my god….ha
Dodger
Oct 26, 2007 09:05
So what did she cal out next Alan?
" Oh you horny son of a *** " she was from New York, that was in 1986, not sure I have the stamina these days though,
Mind you, no complaints from last year, he he
Alan.
Oct 26, 2007 12:17
  • APAULT
Why cure them? Perhaps we could just accept nudity instead.

But on a more general note I'll follow Westnorwood. I have a problem with names of people and sometimes cities. I regularly call people I have known for years by another name... even my dearest and nearest...and yes, it can be embarrassing in those situations **. I also keep saying Shanghai when I mean Guangzhou, just down the road. I have no idea why this is, but it has been with me for half my life. I guess it is a related problem that if I learn a word in Chinese today I just cannot remember it tomorrow. On the other hand, I have no problem remembering visa or other technical regulations, or if I read a document I instantly notice a contradiction 20 pages on.

** I found a solution. I only go out with women called Fiona, :)
Oct 27, 2007 06:12
  • CARLOS
Hehe,
reminds me of my youth, when I had a season for green-eyed girls named Jaana. No problems with names, then.

I never sleepwalk and haven´t been gaught from talking either. Some has said I snore, but I haven´t heard it, heh.
Oct 28, 2007 01:02
  • GURTY
When i was a lttle girl, my parents told me that i sometimes sleepwalk.In the past, there were no electric fans at all in the countryside. In summer, many people climb up to the roof of a single-storey house to spend a hot night. There are no fence on the flat roof, i was never allowed to sleep on the high roof. I cried and cried, and my parents explained that you might walk out of the roof.
Oct 28, 2007 03:59
  • DODGER
I only go out with girls called "Baby"
I have my name and address written on my cloths just in case I get lossed.
You can never be to sure.
Dodger.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you ever sleepwalk?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code