Menu
Miami Dolphins v Chicargo Bears at Wembley this Sunday.
Oct 26, 2007 10:00
Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.
The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.
Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.
He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.
"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.
"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."
Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.
"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."
The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

Is this man from another planet or what? not that I'm going to ask him he's too big, he he

Oct 28, 2007 04:28
  • DODGER
Alan,
Nothing new here.
I was in New Jersey years ago at an athletic meet and one of the marshals started to talk to me in baby langue.
He didn’t know that people from Oz spoke English (as it happens they don’t)
He thought I was from Austria, so he couldn’t read either.
Dodger.
Oct 31, 2007 16:02
  • CARLOS
I met some Young US guys in Canary Islands 1985, After arguing with each other they decided Finland was a part of Russia (Soviet Union that time) and Helsinki was an igloo willage. Dangerous one, because polar bears were always looking for human flesh there.

The first american exchange student that came to our small town brought a full suitcase of toilet paper with her, because there is no paper in Finland. Finland is one of the biggest paper producer in the world.

There are lots of stories like that, so maybe USA geography and history is well taught in schools.
Post a Reply to: Miami Dolphins v Chicargo Bears at Wembley this Sunday.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code