Menu
Chinese mens' views of love, friendship, etc. in marriage, etc.
Aug 25, 2011 00:56
GUEST3257
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST87141

Before they get married,Chinese men treat their women like a princess.After...Chinese women are slaves to Chinese men.:)))

Are you a Chinese woman who has been treated badly by your man?
Sep 16, 2011 11:53
GUEST29113 My husband is an American but goes by the Chinese way ( he says ) He is not affectionate at all as far as I am concerned...He holds my hand and will give me a chicken peck, but that is as far as it goes.. Before we got married he was wild and always wanted to spice things up..now he thinks that buying me things will show how much he loves me.. He is more entertained with women on his computer and satisfying himself, while I'm lonely and feeling very unattractive. I guess it just depends on what your definition of love is. It's sad being lonely, but i love him so much. He doesn't cheat but it surely feels like it.
Sep 17, 2011 00:19
GUEST13140 I'm an asian Canadian.
I've dated plenty of both..
To GENERALIZE (since yes, must be hard for some of u to understand that every individual is different) i found that Asian born and raised in Asia are ... hmmm.. not boring per say but they focus on school and money and job and career before other things.. they grew up being lectured by their parents cuz of course, it's very competitive. For me, i think Asian Canadians/Americans are more fun, but they have BALANCE between work and play.
Too be honest alot of Asians (reguardless of where they are from) would feel they have a bonus to be inlove with their "best friend" things like only love cuz of making kids etc is only in their mind if they feel stuck! (for example if they are 28+ and still single) then marriage becomes more of a Business contract for them... i do also think asians born and raised in asia care more about money (well probably cuz they normally themselves come from well-off families so they too need to continue on success to make their parents proud) and are more mature then western asians... probably cuz they know how hard life is early on.. they have the glimpse of the real world at a younger age (again because of competition) whereas western asians are much more laidback and easy-going. Im not sure about Asian Americans/Canadians, but for sure Asian born and raised in Asia only keep lil money for themselves (basically agreeeing with one of the replies) i do agree, they spend most of their money on other things, (house, car, kids, food,) they take care of alot of things, and then again.. friends seem to be important to them, so they would go out and men would always want to "treat" their friends, so u often see a bunch of grown men fighting to pay the bill. Women stay home cook, clean, take care of the children and work if they want too. Basically the hardest part if trying to satisfy the husband's parents... (very intimidating to me! Since im asian canadian) of course, i still follow the old generation traditions too, and im quite happy, my role, and my husbands role, Im a english teacher..(yea i know im sorry for my storm of error typing on here) i speak NO CHINESE, my husband's parents love me to death. I've dated my husband for 10 yrs, and married 3 yrs, living in Taiwan. My husband and I love each other to death, and on weekends, we scooter around, play jokes on each other, go to night markets, watch movies, and are STILL lovey-dovey!!! ^____^ (mind u we dont have kids yet..)
Dec 15, 2011 23:47
GUEST11219 HI..I AM A CANADIAN ,25 YEARS OLD AND MY BOYFRIEND IS A CHINESE 25 YEARS OLD TOO... MY BOYFRIEND LOVES ME SO MUCH AND HE IS SO SWEET...WE'VE BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF THINGS..HE SAID HE WILL MARRY ME...HE IS A GOOD MAN...I COULD SAY MY HEART HAS FINALLY HOME..BUT ONE DAY HE SAID HE WANTS TO FOCUS ON HIS CAREER, HE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY AND HE BROKE UP WITH ME AND SAID HE DOESN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE....I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IF CHINESE MEN ARE REALLY FAITHFUL OR WHAT...HE LEFT ME HANGING... ;-( HE SAID HE WILL FIND ME AGAIN SOMEDAY...HE SAID NEVER GIVE UP IN ANY TRIALS BUT HE LEFT ME :( CAN YOU GIVE ME ADVICE? I HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ALREADY...I HAVE NO CHOICE BECAUSE HE IS IGNORING MY CALLS AND MESSAGES ALREADY..I AM STILL HOPING HE WILL COMEBACK...THANK YOU
Dec 15, 2011 23:53
GUEST11219 WE ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION.. SO SAD I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...
Mar 23, 2012 07:21
  • LUIQI
大家好!我是Esra。我的中文名字刘琪。我三十三岁。我学习中文。但是对不起、我的中文不好。我住在土耳其。我非常爱中国和中国人。我真的非常要结婚跟中国男人。I am really so love Chinese culture,food,music,people and everything..I am really so seriousabout marry with Chinese man..I am really good woman..who want know me just add me on msn or skype..u will understand how much care Chinese culture..msn hotmail.com|dondonqi skype qilovedon thankss.
Mar 18, 2013 22:32
GUESTKIMBERLY Hello, my name is Kimberly. I am currently in a relationship with a Chinese man from He nan. He came to the United States when he was 7 years old. He is by far the best love I have ever known. His name is Meng. I was previously in a 3 year relationship with a black man and before then, a 2 year relationship with a Mexican, and before then a 1 year relationship with a Jewish man. Biracial relationships are common where I live. I am Salvadorean. My Chinese man is the BEST lover and friend I have ever had. I can always depend on him for kindness and tender affection as well as romantic lust and protection. I mean the world to him and I can feel it every day. He always notices the days when I am sad and when I am happy.

Now to answer these questions:

~YES!
~NO! my hubby loves to go on hiking trips with me share scary stories with me cook with me, watch comedy with me, tickle me, hug me, encourage me, and he enjoys watching me go on and on about my dreams, ideas, hopes, and fears.
~YES! My hubby has a bit of a spending problem and he gambles a bit(sometimes typical for the Chinese culture) but he appreciates me talking to him about being frugal and money savvy(Typical for the Latin culture). he loves to share food. SHARING FOOD IS A MUST!!! i cant begin to tell you how personal he takes it when I don't want to share my food. Morals, my hubby loves to teach me new things about life and his views and how people should respect each other and have strong family values. He sticks to me like glue because his values of family and relationship soul mates are strong.
~mmmmmmmm, this one is tricky, my Chinese hubby loves to fix all my problems, but he has never asked me foe help in his. My Meng is very bright and resourceful, he can always find a solution for anything. What I can say is that every time I have seen him upset I ask him if I can hold his hand and talk about it with him. He appreciates my concern and I make it clear I am his partner and I want to support him. He sometimes expresses his frustrations and other times he kisses me on the forehead and tells me thank you and I Love You.
~My Meng loves being romantic, he love to buy me heels and show me off to the world. He is extremely romantic and sensitive. He is the best lover I have ever had. He always waits for me and enjoys watching my body relax and get weak. He always hugs me after and showers me with tiny kisses.
~My Meng knows I do not waste my time. He knows I want a man I can rely on and who can always love me. He sees marriage as an eternal bond between a man and a women that god has blessed to occur. he is very religious and believes marriage is a gift not an investment or a convenience for survival. yes, he wants to have children, but this is because he wants to be happy and successful in life with his wife.
~NO!!! why would you ask this? any man in any marriage does not want to find love else where unless he is an *** and doesn't deserve you to begin with.
Apr 30, 2013 23:00
GUEST18344 To you and all white females who want to be with a Chinese man. Please respect their culture especially when you are in China if you want to be with the Chinese men. Some Chinese men are affectionate, touching, kissing, and hugging in public in America, for example. When they are back in China, don't expect they show all these affectionate gestures in public.

In Asia as well as in Middle East, these kind of touching, kissing, and hugging are considered sexual moves between a man and a woman behind closed doors. Showing this kind of behaviors in public means you are lack of chastity, virtue and moral, not decent, not proper person, not showing respect for other people. This is the Chinese culture been passed on from thousands of years ago.

Because of showing touching, kissing, and hugging by Western women, that is why most Asian and Middle Eastern people believe that Western women are easy, not chaste, and in some cases worse, a whore.

To non-Chinese women, if you want to be with a Chinese man, please learn proper behavior, not showing your sexual side with your Chinese man too much in public.
Jul 20, 2013 06:28
GUEST70236 Well this is a toughie. Honestly, relationships depend on the people in them. I am a Caucasian American woman in a relationship with a Chinese man who moved to the U.S. about seven years ago. From my experience with my man Chinese men are very loving and do want to be your friend. He is always there for me when I need to talk. He allows me to vent and he just listens. My boyfriend has been the most understanding of any of the guys I have dated. He is very romantic towards me and he is also affectionate to me. He makes me feel good about who I am and he sees who I truly am. He accepts me for who I really am. If you love someone you have to love all of them. I will say sometimes it is hard to get him to open up, however having said that I make sure he knows I am here for him. If he feels he needs my help or someone to talk to he opens up. I will say he is more open with me than most people. He trusts me very much, as do I him. He loves me and tells me often, that is the best thing to hear in the world. When you love someone no one goes anywhere else looking for loving. All I know is my man is my partner. This is what anyone needs. If a guy loves you he will be great to you. There are rough patches because we are human, but loving someone can really be beautiful! Best of luck to anyone who has a similar question. In the end it depends on the person not where they are from.
Jul 29, 2013 07:23
GUEST88299 Can I ask ? I have a Chinese man now.. We meet in my work .. I'm just a girl working in a Japanese karaoke .. I want to ask about us .. I don't know if he really like me or he only need me if he is bored .. But I do like him from the start and I see that he understand my job .. He already separated to his ex wife .. And he already have two children. .. But the kids is With him.. I see that his a good t
Father to them .. We only meet sometimes .. At first only hiding to everyone but then maybe the third time we meet we go outside drink and had fun I was surprise at that time .. We continue the communicatin and meetings until the time that the kids already see me .. The last time we bond together with his kids .. But I don't understand what our relationship is .. I like him ,he makes me feel special .. But I think its really difficult if I continue this feelings .. But he still comunicating to me .. My problem is I don't know if he really like me or something.. I don't know .. I'm a Filipina girl and it's my first time go with a Chinese guy.. You kno even if sometimes we meet I feel special I understand him , his busyness I always wait for him if when we meet .. I just can't believe that he is a famous guy and I am a girl like this .. Can you help me about it? Thanks
Page 5 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese mens' views of love, friendship, etc. in marriage, etc.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code