Menu
Are you willing to go shopping with your GF or wife?
Oct 29, 2007 01:51
  • JIMMYB
To women, shopping is their favourite. Have you ever heard of this sentence--- Women are born to spend? If so, you should understand why they prefer to go shopping. However, go shopping with his GF or wife is really a torture for men. They never understand why their GF or wife feel happy to wander in different shops and never feel tired. At least, it is true to most Chinese men. Talking about shopping with their GF/wife, they nenver think it is interesting. I wonder if you foreigners have the same feeling with Chinese men. Are you willing to go shopping with your GF/wife?
Oct 29, 2007 04:22
  • CARLOS
LOL Shopping with any woman is a nightmare. I have many times suggested in women´s clothing shops they should arrange a big screen showing football and of course some beer, too. That surely would pay its costs back.
Oct 29, 2007 04:53
  • ELLEN77
But if boys dont come along, perhaps he will say that the girl is not fit with the clothes. Boys are too critical. If a gril want you to go shopping with her, it shows she cares much about you and treasures much of your opinions. Boys should be proud of that.
Oct 29, 2007 07:22
Yes, I would go shopping with my girlfriend / wife, the thing that drives men mad is it takes so long for women to select what they want, I usually have in my mind what I want and just go pick it up and pay for it, more time in the pub. he he
Oct 29, 2007 21:06
  • LEOPOLD219
Ellen, perhaps you are right. I can understand why girls would like to go shopping with their BF. Take buying chothes for example. She just wants to ask your advice--which suits her best.

Alan, that's because we (men and women) think differently.Why do they take so long to select what they want? Because they want the best thing at the reasonable price. Men usually have in their mind what they want. Just as you said, go, pick what you want and pay for it. That's all.
Oct 30, 2007 06:58
  • CHINAMATT
I sometimes go with my wife. Although I really hate going shopping in the excessively crowded malls here in Shenzhen--I've pushed a few annoying vendors. Usually I bring something else to do... i.e. small notebook for writing, study Chinese, screw with stupid vendors, drink some beer.
Oct 30, 2007 22:55
  • JIMMYB
If I were a girl, I would not let my BF suffer a lot from going shopping with me. Sigh, I am not a girl. I strongly suggest that those shopping malls should offer some facilities for those men to take a rest or have fun while shopping with his GF. Otherwise, they will be mad.
Oct 31, 2007 03:58
  • DODGER
I love going shopping with my Wife.
There are very few pleasures that I enjoy more.
In fact I can think of very few other things that I have done with my cloths on that give me so much pleasure.
I am just sorry that I cannot do it every day.
The joy and thrill of finding that “Special piece” is hard to describe in words but the girls here would know how I feel.
Perhaps I should have been born Gay?
Dodger.
Oct 31, 2007 05:34
  • YEMMIE
While I am not all that fond of shopping, it does give me tremendous pleasure to know that my girl wants my opinion because she wants to look beautiful for me, not someone else. So I am quite willing to go shopping with her occasionally. But I would not want to do it every day. When I last visited China, we went shopping on one of the days. Yes, it took a very long time for her to choose. She asked me many times, which do you like better, this or that, as she worked her way through the seemingly endless collection of dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. But in the end, she chose the two outfits that I liked best. And she complimented me on my ability to gauge what would look best on her, and what colors would go well together.

And incidentally, I should have remembered this when I was having a panic attack about her and money, because she was very reluctant to buy one of the outfits because it was really a little overpriced for what it was. I am the one who insisted that she get it (so perhaps to some extent I am to blame for her misconception about how much money I have). I insisted because she just looked too damn good in it not to buy it.
Oct 31, 2007 05:47
Perhaps I should have been born Gay?

Dodger you're not thinking about the " pillow biting " days again are you? he he
Alan.
Oct 31, 2007 21:38
  • DODGER
Alna,
just having some fun.
I think it went through to the keeper mate.
Dodger.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you willing to go shopping with your GF or wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code