Menu
Booking international flights in China
Nov 2, 2007 14:04
  • CAMBELT
My daughter is a student in Ningbo and wants to come home to England for Christmas. It is difficult for me to book her flight because many airlines will only accept credit card payments when the card holder's address is in the country of departure.

Does anyone on the forum have any experience of booking an international flight from China while in China? Perhaps she could go to a travel agent and pay in cash, can anyone recommend one please?
Nov 2, 2007 20:29
  • KEVIN0518
Cambelt, why not let her book her flight in China? I think it is easier than you book her flight in England. Many travel agents offer booking flight service.
Nov 2, 2007 22:42
  • JABAROOTOO
I booked and paid for my International fare from China using MY AGENT at home. The only catch was the tickets could be be E-ticketed so I had to have them sent over. Since I got such a good deal it was worth doing this although I had a friend arrive the day before I left who was able to bring them saving me the postage.

Your British travel agent should take your daughters credit card regardless of which country she resides. That is the whole purpose of credit card payments - to be used for just such situations.

Alternately, have your daughter get the same fare from China. But I have found some of the agents just do not do quite the same amount of searching for the best deals.

I tried to get the same flight using a Chinese agent but they just kept offering me other more expensive flights. My agent at home was surprised when she saw what I had found but she went after it for me until she got it.

Good Luck
Nov 3, 2007 05:54
  • GHOST
I regularly book international flights using Chinese travel agents.

Your daughter should be able to go to a local agent in Ningbo and inquire about flights. Prices are pretty much the same whoever you choose to use. If she's a little concerned about the trustworthiness, she could go to one of the local large hotels as many of them have agents located within the hotel.

If she goes to a good hotel (4 or 5 star), she may even be able to pay for her flight using her UK credit card if she has one. Otherwise it will have to be in cash.

I've found that it's typically cheaper to fly to England with a Chinese airline (Air China or China Eastern) than it is with an European airline (unless there's a special offer on - but at Christmas that's unlikely!). From England to China, it's cheaper to come with an European airline.
Nov 3, 2007 12:41
  • APAULT
I have only bought a ticket from China once and the agent was excellent. They really found a cheap price. I would choose a 'high street' agent rather than a hotel, which charge more, according to the stories I have heard.

Just a thought - how will she get time off at Christmas? it is not a holiday here.

Post a Reply to: Booking international flights in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code