Menu
Do you like manish girls?
Nov 2, 2007 21:37
  • KEVIN0518
A survey reveals that 80s Chinese girls have become more mannish. They become more independent, ambitious and decisive. Do you know Li Yuchun, the Champion of 2005 Super Girl? She has many Yu mi (her fans). Many boys also are her fans. Personally, I think that she is a typical example of those mannish girls, not only in appearance but also in characteristics. Nowadays, more Chinese girls like to dress up like boys, short hair and mannish clothes. Perhaps, this is a fashion.

If you were put to make a choice between a very gentle girl and a mannish girl, who will you choose? In your view, who is more charming?

Nov 2, 2007 23:02
  • JABAROOTOO
The term in English for girls who prefer a less than feminine lifestyle and dress is a 'TOMBOY'

and there is the 'active- sporty' style of woman of which there are millions around the world.

Of course they are still girls but prefer to do many things that are traditionally thought to be the domain of boys/men and even dress like them. Nothing wrong with this.

Being independent is nothing to be ashamed of and should be considered a good trait and a very practical option.

Not every girl/woman is a romantic, frilly dresser who likes nothing better than have others - men in general take care of her.
Nov 3, 2007 02:00
  • DAVEC
Tomboys are definately not my cup of tea. I would never date a girl who could beat me in an arm wrestle.

I prefer women who look like women and act like it too.
Nov 3, 2007 04:11
  • JCNILE123
I think they are beautiful.
If they are womanly too
Nov 3, 2007 06:20
  • DODGER
Jabaroota,
Has a good point on this.
Gone are the days when woman had to be seen as docile and feminine.
It was not that long ago when it was thought that they (Woman) were too weak to compete in anything longer than a 1500 meter event.
We have had Warrior Queens in the passed, Boadicea, Joan of Ark, Elizabeth the 1st and the last Empress of China.
To add to this point, many of the old religions had a Male and a Female god that worked hand in hand.
The Roman Church recognized this fact and created a Mother figure to be worshipped.
But perhaps I digress too much.
But in conclusion, let them express themselves as they would want. It is now their right, even of we do not agree.
Dodger.
Nov 3, 2007 14:36
  • CHYNAGYRL
we say "masculine" or mannish girls. I think it depends what kind of measuring stick you have. A lot of Asians frown on "manly" women, but there are good points about them too. Bad points: they can be emasculating. But... they're also more honest. The average woman tries to be a social engineer and make others comfortable and in the process tells many white lies every day. (That's the traditional woman's way.) A masculine woman will be direct with you, even though you might not like it, but you can see it as priceless to find someone who's honest with you. If I were a guy, I'd probably choose someone with gentle and kind manners but a strong mind -- that way she can express her thoughts and put me in my place if I go too far.
Nov 4, 2007 00:05
  • GRIZ326
I do not think the girl in the picture looks "mannish" or masculine. She looks like a young woman to me...and a cute one at that! She does look like she is high-spirited...and that can be a good thing. ...or a bad thing. It depends on the woman.

Nov 6, 2007 01:52
  • JIMMYB
I prefer girls who are honest wih me, but not mannish. To me, Li Yuchun is a tomboy. I can not understand that why girls choose to dress up themselves like boys. Do you see some girls who have butch haircut? To be honest, I would be surprised to see such a girl at first time.
Nov 6, 2007 03:26
  • DODGER
Jimmy,
This is not Butch.
You should see some of the girls in Sydney who want to be Men.!
This is just a Girl who is able to express herself as she pleases as all should be able to do without prejudice.
Dodger.
Nov 6, 2007 06:39
And not only in Sydney, Dodger, there's a fair few of them here in London.
Alan.
Nov 6, 2007 17:11
GUEST31253 be careful about using that word "butch". Maybe you'll get in trouble for calling someone that.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you like manish girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code