Menu
Visitin China - want to have suggestions for having good food
Nov 10, 2007 02:58
Dear Friends,
I will be soon visiting China, basically I am vegetarien who seldom eats non-vegetarien ( only chicken & sometimes sea food ). In India chinese food is very famous but what I have heard is it is quite different from original chinese food. I like spicy food with ginger, garlic & chilli too. Based on my habits of veg & non veg can you suggest the dishes I must give a try while in China.
Thanks,
Neeraj
Nov 10, 2007 03:14
  • ELLYSE
Where are you going in China?
Nov 10, 2007 04:41
I will be in Ningbo for 4 days & may be in Shanghai for 1 day. It's an official trip. So I have very little or no time for sight seeing but I have lot of time ( after office hours ) for tasting delicious dishes from China.
Regards,
Neeraj
Nov 10, 2007 07:51
  • APAULT
I think if you go to normal restaurants and order vegetarian dishes you will have to accept there might be traces of non veg food in it. Outside veg restaurants the veggie concept will not be properly understood.
Nov 10, 2007 11:36
  • ELLYSE
Are you looking for Indian vegetarian restaurants, or Chinese spicy vegetarian food? Any price range in mind?
Nov 10, 2007 11:39
Dear APAULT,
Thanks for replying for my query, I am not 100% vegeterian as I have mentioned in my initial post. I am also open to varities of chicken & seafood but my knowledge in chinese dishes is only limited to the dishes served in India by the name of chinese having too much quantity of ginger, garlic & soya sauce ( but it tastes very delicious ). That's why I put up this query. If you & other people can suggest some veg or non veg dishes keeping the above criteria which are must eat dishes it will make my visit delicious. ( I am an aderent food lover ).
Regards,
Neeraj
Nov 10, 2007 11:45
Dear ELYSSE,
I have the address of INDIAN KITCHEN restaurent in Ningbo but I want to taste chinese recepies. I am a great lover of ( limited ) chinese dishes served in Indian restauretns like Chicken manchurian, Chicken lolipop, Shezwan rice, menderin rice & prawns but somehow I feel they r more indianised. wht's your view?
Nov 10, 2007 20:59
  • ELLYSE
Well, those are definitely not what I would really consider Chinese!
If you can eat chicken and seafood, and want to eat spicy food, then I would urge you to consider the Sichuan and Hunan restaurants. Those two are the spiciest cuisines in China.
Nov 12, 2007 10:15
Tnx for the name of restaurents, can u suggest few dishes also?
Nov 13, 2007 01:43
  • ELLYSE
Sichuan and Hunan are the names of cuisines, not restaurants.
shui zhu yu = fish slices cooked in oil with lots of chilli
Nov 13, 2007 10:15
  • HAMSON
if you trip to Yangshuo, you can enjoy the good dog meat and rat with hot pot, as long the rice wine, Perfect! more please view : www.getyangshuo.com
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visitin China - want to have suggestions for having good food
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code