Menu
Anyone living in Shenzhen Area??
Nov 11, 2007 17:34
  • KOOKIE
Looking to move to Shenzhen and doing some research on the city as to what is good and bad. Anyone living in Shenzhen area? Any tip and hints on what area is safe and which to stay away when renting? Any help and advise is greatly appreciated.
Nov 15, 2007 03:00
  • VVCCMMJJ
hello,i am shenzhen native,very familiar with shenzhen area.log on this website to know more about shenzhen area http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g297415-i7681-o20-Shenzhen_Guangdong.html
or www.shenzhenparty.com

if you want more guidelines,you can also send e-mail to me.
e-mail address:163.com|robert340175
my MSN number:hotmail.com|robertluo1983
Nov 16, 2007 14:45
GUEST17175 Hi,
Although not living in SZ I visit the place often enough to rent a place. Living in SZ is very expensive compared to some other places. be careful of districts like Boa'an (high crime rate) or LuoHu (Center, so expensive and busy) Also note that web sites like SZparty are nice but most people advertising there aim for Westerners and (often) show inflated prices.

Use a Chinese friend to have a look at real estate agents for the best deal. In Nanshan and Shekou a 2 bedroom place in Sunny Palm Garden will cost from 3500RMB. Gardens like these have guards, park areas etc. and are nice to live in. I just rented a place for 4.200RMB with 2 large bedrooms, nice patio garden, study room, large kitchen etc. fully furnished incl. flat panel TV, etc. etc.

Good luck!
Apr 3, 2008 02:13
GUEST25322 Hi,

I am looking to move to ShenZhen for a company in the area of Nanshan. I am wondering if it is the city centre area or is it like a suburb outside of the ShenZhen city? Anybody knows anything about it? And could advise me on it?

I am hopeless with maps.

Appreciate it.

Carol
Apr 3, 2008 10:01
  • BILLCAI
Hi Carol,
Nanshan distrist is in the city centre area, and the environment is very nice, and the Shekou seaport is about in Nanshan, it is a good place both for living and business. Any question, please contact me via email: hotmail.com|caijun_Bill.

All the best!

Bill
Apr 4, 2008 02:40
GUESTROCKY HI ,
BILL

I AM NATIVE FROM INDIA AND TRAVEL CHINA QUIET FREQUENTLY.I WISH TO START SOME RETAIL BUSSINESS IN CHINA SHENZHEN IN SOME UPCOMING SHOPPING MALL OR MARKET. ANY HELP GIVEN SHALL BE APPRETIATED. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HAVE A PARTNER OR FRIEND WHO COULD START BUSSINESS WITH US IN MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING .

REGARDS

ROCKY
INDIA
YAHOOMAIL.COM|CORSICA_123
Apr 28, 2008 02:05
GUEST61214 Hi,

I will be working in the Ma Que Ling area in Shenzhen and would appreciate any suggestions on where I can live. Looking for a 2BR apartment. How much will it cost? Thanks! :)
Jun 10, 2008 03:21
GUEST72446
dear all,

i am planning to move to SZ in 2-3 months from Istanbul - Turkiye.

can sbdy refresh the cost of living in SZ including rents-furnished (2BR-place pref. Shekou with 2 alternatives), internet access/M, English channels TV, dining, transportation, etc.

thx in advance,
oktay
Jun 26, 2008 03:11
GUEST29109 Hi,
Im a foreigner and would soon move to Nanshan District Shenzhen for an employment. IF I ACCEPT THE TERMS,

What do you think of this offer?

1.0 Base salary before tax = 34,000 RMB$

2.0 Housing Allowance of 6500 RMB add in salary but will be taxable.? ..I will only be alone .

Can you please advise if this is a good offer? Thanks in advance.

Also is there any preferred place in Nanshan for an expat like us. I don’t speak Chinese as well.

Also how much is the cost of living
RENT ?
FOOD?
AMINITIES?
others

thank you for the help
Jul 3, 2008 09:52
GUEST42116 34,000 RMB per month is "normal" for a foreign expat with "some" experience. If you are highly qualified, this is a bit low ("qualified" locals can earn 10,000-50,000). If you are a newbie with 1-2 years of experience, this is very good actually.

Unless you want to buy an apartment/house in Shenzhen, you will save a lot.

Apr 12, 2009 00:52
GUEST11222 hello every body
i living in shenzhen more thank one year now ,, any one need help please contact me
hotmail.com|ahmed_hamed7
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Anyone living in Shenzhen Area??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code