Menu
China Visa in Old Passport
Oct 5, 2010 02:22
GUEST21910 thx for the info mate, much obliged
Apr 4, 2011 22:25
GUEST88126 Anyone was able to go with a visa on a old passport? It seems that it is impossible
May 9, 2011 02:35
GUEST74161 I have 2 Indian Passport. The old one and re newed one. The old one has the China Visa which is valid.
Should I apply for a new Visa or carrying both passports will help.
Please advice.
May 9, 2011 22:29
GUESTT.S.CHUA Hi Must I need a visa to travel to (China) Chongqing just for 2 weeks
1) what happen if I think to extend longer stay what should i do
2) If I book under your travel agents how to amend my return air ticket
Jul 25, 2011 06:13
GUEST66187 seeing as china change their requirements quite often these days, is the situation the same the old and new passport can be used ? and when i return to china on the immigration card do i put the old passport number or new one.
Aug 1, 2011 13:45
GUEST81849 I am wondering the same thing, Is there any official statement on a Chinese government page that states this is possible, I was told by the Visa service in my country that once the Passport is no longer valid, the visa also becomes invalid.

Can anyone point to the rules on this? Its quiet confusing
Aug 1, 2011 16:21
GUEST22431 Hi All,

I have a situation hoping I get some advice. Thanks in advance!!

I had a legal name change, so I received my new passport with my new name on it. However, my old passport still have my old name with a valid Chinese visa. I am not sure if I can enter with presenting both passports (even though my name has been changed)?

Thanks,
Katie
Aug 1, 2011 21:26
GUEST4766
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST81849

I am wondering the same thing, Is there any official statement on a Chinese government page that states this is possible, I was told by the Visa service in my country that once the Passport is no longer valid, the visa also becomes invalid.

Can anyone point to the rules on this? Its quiet confusing

When your passport becomes invalid, your visa also goes invalid too.
Aug 1, 2011 21:28
GUEST2415
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22431 View Post

Hi All,

I have a situation hoping I get some advice. Thanks in advance!!

I had a legal name change, so I received my new passport with my new name on it. However, my old passport still have my old name with a valid Chinese visa. I am not sure if I can enter with presenting both passports (even though my nam...

Well, you can present your two passports and your visa is valid. So you can enter China.
Nov 2, 2011 08:29
GUEST35850 Hi All,
Has anyone travelled with visa on old passport and a new passport? I heard from the travel agent that when a passport is renewed, old gets cancelled and so is the visa.
Anyone who has travelled with visa on old passport, kindly reply...
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China Visa in Old Passport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code