Menu
Beowulf tops box office
Nov 19, 2007 03:00
  • MIRANDAZHAO
A 3-D animated movie using images and voices of live actors topped North American box office this weekend, giving a boost to the new movie genre as Hollywood hopes to lure audiences back into theaters with more such productions.

According to preliminary box office figures released Sunday, Paramount's remake of the ancient English epic poem "Beowulf" took in an estimated 28.1 million dollars over the three-day period in U.S. and Canadian theaters.

The film, directed by Oscar-winning director Robert Zemeckis, used action-capture technology to render lifelike images of its stars Ray Winstone and Angelina Jolie. About 40 percent of the film's ticket sales in its opening weekend came from special 3-D showings in regular theaters and on Imax screens.

Nov 19, 2007 03:02
  • MIRANDAZHAO
U.S. actress Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Beowulf" in London Nov. 11, 2007.

Nov 19, 2007 15:25
  • SHIVAH
I just saw this movie last night on IMAX - gotta say the animation was very nice though i think the movie would have been better if they did something like 300 (some cgi / some live acting.)

They changed the story but its still worth the price of the ticket. =D angelina is great in this movie.
Nov 19, 2007 20:15
  • BBQQ
Beowulf? Does it have something to do with the epic Beowulf? Although I have not read it, I hear that it has high status in the history English literature.
Nov 19, 2007 21:01
  • ICEBLUE
BBQQ,

You didn't read Mirandazhao's thread carefully, right? You can find the answer in her thread;

"According to preliminary box office figures released Sunday, Paramount's remake of the ancient English epic poem "Beowulf" took in an estimated 28.1 million dollars over the three-day period in U.S. and Canadian theaters."

"The remake of the ancient English epic poem Bewulf". It is an English national epic. However, it is said that Bewulf is a Danish legendary. I am confused about the reasons.
Nov 20, 2007 01:27
  • SHIVAH
http://www.lone-star.net/literature/beowulf/beowulf.html

thats a link to the story of Beowulf thought it would be nice to post it.
Post a Reply to: Beowulf tops box office
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code