Menu
Are pretty girls often headless?
Dec 3, 2007 01:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
The 2007 Miss World Pageant has finally drawn a conclusion with the Chinese girl ascending the throne. This time, the tpical Eastern beauty has conquered the the jury and the audience. Her victory should be attributed to not only her nice apperance, but her temper and elegance. However, there is a popuplar belief among average grassroots that pretty girls are often headless. What do you think of this issue? What do you think of such Beauty Pagent? Are pretty girls often headless?

Dec 3, 2007 01:26
  • SUNNYDREAM
Miss China Zhang Zilin presents evening dress in the final round of contest of the 2007 Miss World Pageant at the Beauty Crown theater in Sanya, south China's Hainan Province, Dec. 1, 2007. Contestants from 106 countries and regions competed for the crown on Saturday

Dec 3, 2007 11:25
  • GRIZ326
I think that you are talking about the, "dumb blonde" or "valley girl" syndrome.

I've met a few gals "with the lights on but no body home." However, a wise man never under estimates a woman; even the dumb ones are very clever.
Dec 3, 2007 14:59
  • CARLOS
Nicely put, Griz. Agree.

Carlos
Dec 3, 2007 18:30
  • CHYNAGYRL
no. pretty girls get a lot of attention... and can be vain... but there's a lot of smart ones.
Dec 3, 2007 19:59
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I don’t believe all beautiful women are airheads but yea, they exist. I don’t believe all blonds are dumb either. I think we are talking about common sense here more than academic intelligence itself. Having said that, I have met some pretty dumb men too so I guess it goes both ways. ^_^”

Actually, I couldn’t care less about beauty pageants but they are all over the news that you can’t get away from them. Not one that I know of watches them.
Dec 4, 2007 01:18
I don’t believe all beautiful women are airheads but yea, they exist. I don’t believe all blonds are dumb either. I think we are talking about common sense here more than academic intelligence itself. Having said that, I have met some pretty dumb men too so I guess it goes both ways.

I agree, I have met some pretty dumb men too, it does go both ways.
I don't watch these beauty pageants either, the Chinese lady looks pretty though.
Alan.
Dec 4, 2007 17:16
  • DAVEC
My personal opinion on miss world and similar competitions is why dont we judge the women on what I call real life situations.
1st test, film them first thing in the morning when their eyes open, lets see how pretty they look then

2nd test, tart them all up with nice clothes and make up then throw them into a swimming pool, lets see the beauty when they get out.

They all look so fake it is unbelievable.

Oh, and yeah all blondes I have met are a few cans short of a 6 pack, the lift definately didnt go to the top floor.
Dec 4, 2007 23:46
  • JABAROOTOO
Love this thread......
I had a similar discussion this week about beauty with three more mature and a little more worldly wise Chinese Gentlemen who I have the pleasure of dining with regularly.

All three of them thought that the Chinese Miss World was not a beauty in their eyes, but the really interesting thing was the comments that they then made about the
choices that foreign men make in Chinese or Oriental women. When they see a foreign man with a Chinese (or other Oriental) looking women they wonder why he has chosen such an ugly one???? While the foreigner is thinking he has found the most beautiful women he has ever seen.

They consider that foreign men are doing them (Chinese men in general) a favour by choosing the ugly women, or at least those considered ugly by Chinese men's preferences, the less traditional looking Chinese women.

It would seem that there is a real mutual benefit in having such different taste in beauty. It surely is "in the eye of the beholder"

Any more comments from our Chinese males........................

Dec 5, 2007 03:51
  • DODGER
Nice one Jabarootoo.
Dodger.
Dec 5, 2007 17:26
  • GRIZ326
Interesting comment Jabarootoo.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are pretty girls often headless?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code