Menu
Canadian - Chinese Marriage in China
Dec 8, 2007 07:14
  • BRUCEYABC
This is my first time using a question section of any kind.
Can somebody please tell me qhat the exact requirements are in China for a Canadian to marry a Chinese girl? I get so much conflicting information or just casual details that leave out things like notarization, etc. I must get specifics but...
Thanks for any help out there!
Dec 8, 2007 07:31
  • APAULT
Please do a search in the forums...we have had many discussions on this over the last 3 months.
Nov 26, 2008 14:15
GUEST92204 Hi Bruce,

im dan, also canadian, plan to marry a chinese woman.Could please tell me if i can marry with: 1-affidavit which shows i was never married; 2-birth certificate- 3 passport

Do i need to translate+notarise 1 and 2 before travel to China( or while in China)?
Some details on this forum are not very clear

thanks for your time
dan
email yahoo.com|bradaur
Nov 27, 2008 04:21
  • GERRY3999
The China website from the Vancouver BC office is here:
http://vancouver.china-consulate.org/eng/visa/

Look at the visa section about notarizing documents. Many people have married Chinese ladies and men and it is very straightforward. Just google the information and it will give clear instructions.

Dec 6, 2008 18:25
GUEST61230 Information on marriage with a Chinese citizen (e.g. in Canada)29 Aug 2005 ...

Overseas Chinese and foreigners wishing to go to China to marry Chinese citizens
should be acknowledged that the legal marriage age in China ...

www.gov.cn/english/2005-08/29/content_27367.htm - 9k -
Dec 11, 2008 16:13
GUEST15120 I am a Canadian citizen and was married to a Chinese girl in Chongqing 1 month ago. You need to have your normal travel documents; ie) Passport and Chinese visa and you dvorce absolute document if you are divorced. That is it. It is easy fro there. You take your documents to a Canadian embasy with your other half and they will give you what is called "Singles papers" Then just go to the marriage bureau with the documents and you will be married within an hour.
Regards and good luck.
Verl in Calgary
Dec 21, 2008 15:28
  • RCASCEH
Let us know how long it takes to get your new bride back to Canada please.

Dec 21, 2008 17:50
GUEST58952 ha ha... yes, I finally got married... until four days later when she demanded a divorce.
Every night we went out for dinner and her freeloading friends just kept joining us... and, of course, you know who is expected to pay... and pay, and pay. Finally I said at dinner one night, these people are just going to have to start paying for themselves.
She then stood up, folded her arms and announced to everyone, "I want a divorce!"
If she's going to act like that after four days, just imagine what real marriage would be like! Yikes, get me outta here! Divorce it is. cha cha cha!
Dec 26, 2008 02:47
  • PALAMEDE
thanks Verl
dan
Jul 15, 2009 21:00
GUEST48115 Wow buddy, congratulations. Maybe next time you should think a little harder before entering into an international marriage.
Aug 11, 2009 23:34
GUEST15120 Hello Verl in Calgary. I would greatly appreciate some more advice from the best and easiest way to get married in China. I am 40 and in Ontario and leaving for there very soon. Maybe I can call you for short moment. My email is hotmail.com|sig1com My name is Matt.

Thanks
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Canadian - Chinese Marriage in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code