Menu
Have you noticed this phenomenon?
Dec 18, 2007 20:04
  • KATRINA
Quote: I'm not sure about the first part of Jimmy's idea but it is certainly true that in China both sides are shy, both are waiting for the other to break the ice, especially the girls who say it is the boy's responsibility.

Exactly, Paul. Chinese girls are more inhibited and reserved. They seldom express their true feelings. However, there are some girls who are active. If they love a person, they wouldn't hesitate to tell him how she feels. I guess the guy must be scared by this. Inhibited or active, which one is your favourite, boys?
Dec 19, 2007 19:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Those young boys and girls wouldn't like to take hands to dance. Some of them even use paper to avoid touching his or her partner's hands."

Ah, school dances. Those were the days. ^_^"

There are group dances in schools in China? Do they have something like a prom there? Paper huh? Why don’t they just use gloves? LOL!
Dec 19, 2007 21:11
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE. The group dance is not a prom. Actually, it is a kind of exercise.

Quote: Paper huh? Why don’t they just use gloves? LOL!

In winter, it is good to use gloves since it can make you warm. But what about summer? :-)
Dec 20, 2007 19:21
  • SHESGOTTOBE
JimmyB, when we were in elementary school, we used a handkerchief. The boy will hold one end and the girl will hold the other end. And there’s no winter so we didn’t need to use gloves. ^_^
Dec 22, 2007 20:42
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE. I just want to know why you used a handkerchief when dancing. To avoid puppy love just as I said?
Dec 22, 2007 21:23
  • JCNILE123
Beautiful girl ugly guy, it is a matter of taste.

Dec 22, 2007 21:59
  • ELLEN77
Yes, the look is not very important. If the look will not make one feel sick, that's ok.
The manner, merit, characteristics and concerns matter much. I think in most eyes of girls, the handsome guys are not very reliable and considerate. They tend to be selfish and proud of themsevles.
Dec 23, 2007 18:43
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“I'm not sure about the first part of Jimmy's idea but it is certainly true that in China both sides are shy, both are waiting for the other to break the ice, especially the girls who say it is the boy's responsibility.”

This is true in some cultures, too. It is part shyness and part decorum. The girl will usually wait for the boy to tell her how he feels because it is not considered good for a girl to make the first move. She will be branded as an easy-to-get girl or girl of low morals. But this thinking is getting obsolete now.

For most grown-ups, fear of rejection is what is keeping them from saying what they feel.
Dec 23, 2007 18:46
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“SHESGOTTOBE. I just want to know why you used a handkerchief when dancing. To avoid puppy love just as I said?”

You know what? Now that I think about it, I don’t know why. It’s certainly not because of shyness because boys and girls mingled all the time. I think it was because it was directed by the teachers at that time. As pupils, we just followed what they say. You know, conservative teachers. LOL!

I’m not sure as to when you ever mentioned about avoiding puppy love… now I’m confused….O_o.

Anyway, a handkerchief is not gonna stop people from falling in love.
Dec 23, 2007 20:18
  • JIMMYB
Quote: Yes, the look is not very important. If the look will not make one feel sick, that's ok.

Ellen, your words are very interesting :-)

Quote: For most grown-ups, fear of rejection is what is keeping them from saying what they feel.

Exactly, SHESGOTTOBE. At least, I am afraid that the one I loved might reject me.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Have you noticed this phenomenon?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code