Menu
Ferry from Guangzhou to Sanya
Dec 30, 2004 14:29
  • KAMP
Hi,

we plan a trip to Sanya and if somebody would know more about Ferries between Guangzhou and Sanya - times and prices please let me know. Thank you

Jan 4, 2005 10:38
  • TEDDY
Just know from my friend, there isn't the ferry between Guangzhou and Sanya. You just can take the ferry to Haikou, the captial city of Hainan Province, at the Guangzhou's Huangpu Port. And then transfer to Sanya by bus.
Only know that the ferry ticket from Haikou to Guangzhou is about RMB180. Don't know whether it is same to the one of Guangzhou->Sanya.

And you may consider the long-distance bus. RMB250 per person.

Hope it can help you.
Jan 4, 2005 13:44
  • LESAIGNEUR
First passenger train to Hainan Monday
Latest Updated by 2004-12-03 10:27:51
China's first cross-straits passenger rail link will begin operating Sunday (Dec. 5th).

The first train will carry passengers from Haikou, capital city of the island province of Hainan, to Guangzhou, a 12-hour journey over land and sea.

The train will leave Haikou 6:58 p.m. Sunday. The first passenger train from Guangzhou to Haikou will start 10:26 p.m. Monday (Dec. 6th).

The train will be ferried across the Qiongzhou Straits on a 55-minute 24-km journey. However, it will take an additional hour for the train to be loaded and unloaded.

Fares for the journey will cost between 138 yuan (US$16.68) for a seat and 400 yuan for a luxurious sleeper. Tickets, available on a national train ticket network, can be booked six days in advance.

Freight service for the Guangdong-Hainan railway started in January 2003. At least 10 trials have been conducted for passenger service by Wednesday.

People traveling to Hainan previously would have to take ferries or planes. The Guangdong-Hainan railway begins in Zhanjiang, in the north of Guangdong Province, running through the Leizhou Peninsula to join up with an existing railway in western Hainan Island at Chahe, finally terminating in Sanya at the southern tip of the island.

The two ferries on the service are designed to carry 18 passenger cars or 40 freight cars, and 1,360 passengers.

With a length of 568.3 km, the Guangdong-Hainan railway is a joint investment of the Ministry of Railways, Hainan and Guangdong provinces, costing 4.5 billion yuan (US$542 million).

Editor: Catherine
Source:szdaily
Aug 23, 2008 12:41
GUEST21242 I plan to visit North-Vietnam from Guangzhou. Who knows, whether there is a Ferry from Haikou, or any other Chinese harbor City to Hai Phong.
Aug 23, 2008 23:20
  • ELLYSE
No, I don't think so. If you get to Nanning, there's a direct bus to Haiphong.
Sep 15, 2008 20:49
GUESTVINOD Hi,

we plan a trip to Sanya and if somebody would know more about Ferries between Guangzhou and Sanya - times and prices please let me know. Thank you

Sep 16, 2008 09:34
  • APAULT
I travelled a couple of years ago. The Ferry from Xiwen Port to Haikou city appears to travel every 90 minutes, and takes about 90 minutes. There is a minibus form Xiwen city to the Ferry terminal. If buying a ticket in Haikou for the return trip, avoid an alll inclusive ferry and bus ticket to destinations on the mainland - several issues.
Oct 25, 2008 00:13
  • ELLYSE
You might as well take the train Guangzhou -- Sanya. The train apparently goes on a ferry for the sea crossing.
Nov 20, 2008 00:40
GUEST09146 the train goes from guanzhou to sanya for about 250 rmb for a hard sleeper, 14 hours ,there are two trains a day, one leaves at 3pm one leaves at 10pm. the ferry is about 12 hours direct leaves once a day, 200rmb for a two bed room sleeper. the train line was built two years ago, the train does NOT go by ferry across the water, that is insane
Feb 8, 2009 14:01
GUEST95118 We want to go to Sanya for 2 days from Guangzhou, then on to Hong Kong airport. What is the best means of transportation?
Feb 9, 2009 02:17
GUESTASHOK S... hi, dear, can u please send me all the details for sanya trip by ferry or by bus or by train so that i can plan my visit. i am from india, new delhi and will be coming to guangzhou on 22nd of this month.

with best regards.

ashok sharma
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ferry from Guangzhou to Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code