Menu
Differences between Chinese movies and Hollywood movies
Mar 4, 2012 03:18
GUEST51232 Not at all, you have to watch more Chinese films buddeh!
Apr 9, 2012 14:14
  • MARK_81
I think the best of Chinese films have a certain charm about them that makes them special in a very, almost innocent story-driven, quiet kind of way.

This is largely lost in big hollywood productions unfortunetly, where good story is many times (but not all the time) replaced by big explosions and too many plot twists just to keep the viewer "at the edge of the seat" so to speak!

I saw this one film a while back this is my favourite chinese film by far called "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" a beautiful just breathtaking film! it is a 2002 joint china/france production.

one of my favourite films actually! highly recommended!!
Apr 10, 2012 01:50
  • LAUGH
Mark,

China did make a lot of classic movies. But I do not like today's Chinese movies. They are all commercialized and very similar to Hollywood movies. The producers burn a lot of money to make a movie but finally fail to make ends meet.

I suggest you watch "You Are the Apple of My Eye". It didn't cost too much money but enjoy a great success.
Apr 10, 2012 20:06
GUEST13217 The difference is if calling one movie, the other cann't be called movie. :))
Dec 26, 2012 10:52
GUEST36167 biscuit movies all
Feb 13, 2017 18:59
GUEST43157 I am from europe (greece) when i start watching japanese , korean and chinese movies i realize that:the quality of this movies are fare away from western cinema (holywood style) . i cant see any more american movies (holywood style). my conclusion:
holywood style movies=products
japanese,korean,chinese movies etc. =art
(except for some movies..)
(i dont like bolywood..)
May 31, 2020 00:31
GUEST94738 I think you are not really understand the Chinese movies, I suggest you can see a lot of them .
Jun 18, 2021 22:10
  • BRACKWOM
Hollywood movies try to attract the audience by showing lots of erotic scenes. Hollywood movies appear to base on the principle of " sex sells". While there are some skin and sex scenes in Chinese films. Chinese movies highlight the plotline and the feature of dramatization.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Differences between Chinese movies and Hollywood movies
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code