Menu
What do you think of trial marriage?
Sep 22, 2009 10:09
GUESTSATIN Marriage is falling out of fashion; while cohabiting is becoming the norm. This is the today's young people's attitude towards marriage. What does cohabitation mean to the cohabitants? I assume none of the hormone-driven youngsters dare promise that the cohabitation is platonic (without sex). Cohabitation means "premarital sex" and unexpected pregnancy". It's ok if the relationship has a good ending. If not, the failure of cohabitation will do more harm to girls than their male partners.
Sep 23, 2009 01:59
  • CARLE
I don't feel it's a bad thing,but it doesn't mean I will try it.

Most time ,our life can not try.So I also don't think trial marriage Should be encouraged.Marriage is one of the most important things in our life,and it's should be considered carefully.

Sep 29, 2009 23:19
  • FAERYGIRL
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLE

I don't feel it's a bad thing,but it doesn't mean I will try it.
Most time ,our life can not try.So I also don't think trial marriage Should be encouraged.Marriage is one of the most important things in our life,and it's should be considered carefully.

Carle, I always thought that true love is not subject to trial or test. If a man wants a girl to show her love to him by inviting to live with him before marriage(undertone: having premarital sex), he is not serious about the relationship. If a man proposes "a trial marriage", then it is sensible to reject him straightly because it is not a marriage, but a try, the possibility of error or failure is very high. I totally agree with you that Marriage is one of the most important things in our life and it's should be considered carefully. A monology from the movie An Affair to Rember: "Do you love children? Marriage is a serious step for a girl like me."
Nov 26, 2011 18:36
GUEST61147 Good but like a two year comitment
May 24, 2012 04:11
Hello,
It depend upon the personal choice of the adult.besically they enjoy the personal pleasure.it neither good nor bad.it is a situation fr a few minutes.
Dec 24, 2013 05:38
  • JABEEN100
I think, The idea of trial marriage is nothing new. Secular freethinkers have been proposed it for a number of years.
Dec 24, 2013 19:52
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by JABEEN100

I think, The idea of trial marriage is nothing new. Secular freethinkers have been proposed it for a number of years.

There should be a difference. The boy and the girl start trial marriage to see if it's feasible for them to get married. The freethinkers might not think about of marriage. They just enjoy themselves in the relationship.
Jan 1, 2014 00:17
  • GRIZ326
When I was single, I thought one-night stands were just dandy.

For a while, living together became too risky legally, but eventually that sue-happy phase ended.

As long as there are no children involved, living together is fine. However, it lacks the single most important element of marriage: the willingness to stick with the relationship no matter how tough the going gets to be.

It is the relationship that emerges from the trials-by-fire that makes marriage worthwhile, but when you're 35, 45, or even 55 that can be difficult to understand; it is even difficult to understand as a fat, old, disabled guy at 62. Us guys always see ourselves as our best-looking selfs and as a result look at the young women rather than the old girls…so our lao po has a lot to put up with.

Having seen all of this play out, I'd say that hundreds of thousands of children without two parents will present real social problems. They may never understand or appreciate the importance of a traditional family and there will be a penalty for that lost understanding. I'm writing an ebook about this problem now and the prospects sadden me.
Last edited by GRIZ326: Jan 1, 2014 00:18
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of trial marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code