Menu
What do you think of trial marriage?
Dec 28, 2007 16:37
  • LHAYS1
Trial Marriage....every day you are married it is a trial...everyday there are things that happen that "try" your patience. "try" your resolve, "try" your love...and everyday you succeed, you get to "try" again the next day......

It's kinda like life.....if you live through one day, you get another one!
Jan 2, 2008 00:48
  • SUKKI
I think "cohabitation trial matrimony" is exactly what you guys are talking about... It is a quite prevalent phenomenon nowadays I think, especially among the young blood. Cohabitation is definitely different from "One night stand". Cohabitation is based on love while one night stand is more sensory...

Personally I think it's quite acceptable and some kind of reasonable. Only the couple live together, can they know each other more deeply and roundly... One may pretend to be so great and perfect, it seems like you've got exactly what you are looking for all years. But the truth might be shocking in many ways for his unbearable aspects.

Merits and demerits will be exposed completely after cohabitation. If one can bear the other one's demerits for a certain period of time, then it will leads to a positive ending. It won't be that easy to divorce after they get married. ^_^
Jan 10, 2008 20:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
"Cohabitation trial matrimony" exactly it is. What are they looking for in a trial marriage? I dare not to say " it is all about sex", but "sex" is what many men look for in "cohabitation trial matrimony". In many cases, women get hurt in "trial marriage". Men have nothing to lose in "cohabitation trial matrimony". A lot of innocent girls become the victims of 'trial marriage".
Aug 15, 2008 17:50
GUEST15522 Leonardo, marriage is a trial & error situation. No one goes to marriage class and even if they did there is no guarantee that the lessons given would work. Think of driving a car, you know the basics but there is always the unknown. One never knows what the other driver[s] are going to do.
Aug 18, 2008 21:58
  • LEONARDO
Guest15522,
I agree with you. "No one goes to marriage class and even if they did there is no guarantee that the lessons given would work." This just reminds me of a scene in the movie Runaway Bride starred by Richard and Julia Roberts: the male protagonist proposed to the female protagonist(the runway bride) by saying that " I guarantee there would be tough times(after marriage). I guarantee that at some point either or both of us might be bored with the relation. I also guarantee that if I don't speak up my mind, I would possibly regret it for the rest of my life." There are no doubt tough times in marriage. If we love someone, we must love her as a whole. Love must be inclusive and tolerant. " If someone says that I love only your merits, I don't love your frailty, please don't marry her since that is not true love.
Aug 12, 2009 01:14
GUEST35212 [quote=GUEST126,261809]Some things can be tried before you make up your mind to do it, like you will try to start your own career.However, marriage can never be tried in my life. Marriage is holy and any try of it is a violation of marriage rules.
[/quoteTO some extend,trial marriage is a good example that people think marriage is holy. Trial marriage provides an opportunity to further think about the relations between the couple
Aug 24, 2009 04:29
GUEST7788 Rich Muslim Arabs in the Middle East used to fly to Muslim-majority Indonesia; where these men would pay money to get 'married' to local teenage girls just to have sex with them during their stay. Of course, this is prostitution but they call it 'short term marriage' in Indonesia so it sounds 'nicer' in Islamic culture, rather than calling it prostitution.
Aug 31, 2009 22:33
GUEST1390 Love and marriage are a "Trial and error" situation. How many wrong people must we meet before we meet the right one for us? We can not forecast the future. Everybody and everything are changing everyday. We have become experieced and mature in the countless trials.
Sep 3, 2009 04:50
GUEST7954 Most trial relationships end up with breakup or divorce. This article provides evidence http://www.allvoices.com/news/4052861-couples-who-live-together-before-marriage-are-more-likely-to-divorce

Couples who live together before marriage are more likely to divorce

Researchers in the United States have been trying to separate fact from romance when it comes to deciding what makes a successful marriage. They've come to the conclusion that couples who live together before they get married are less likely to survive the rigours of many years together and are more likely to end up in the divorce court. ...................The authors of the report from the University of Denver say living together before marriage has become the normal thing to do in the western world. In the United States, they say, more than seventy per cent of couples do. It's often been assumed that cohabiting couples get to know one another and are better able to judge whether they should stay together. But the Denver researchers say many cohabiting couples end up taking the plunge into marriage because of convenience rather than an overwhelming urge to be in each other's company. They questioned over a thousand people in a telephone survey. Almost half, (43.1%) of those who had cohabited before they'd become engaged or married reported lower satisfaction, dedication, and confidence as well as more negative communication. This sample all said divorce was a possibility. Compare that with those who didn't cohabit, less than a fifth (16.4%) said they were dissatisfied. ..................
Sep 6, 2009 02:08
GUESTINGTING Trial marriages? It's okay if the guy puts down a 50,000 yuan bank deposit in the girl's name + cash 5,000 yuan a month and a rented apartment. You can try all you like!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of trial marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code