Menu
Hide an obscure affection to your sweetheart or just bring it out?
Dec 27, 2007 02:06
  • SUNNYDREAM
For many times, we might have missed the ones that might accompany us the whole life just because we are too shy to express the love to the beloved ones. Or we fear to be rejected. Understandably, being turned down by the beloved one is very painful. However, hiding the obscure affection may be more suffering. Sometimes, it may become a lifelong regret. Hide an obscure affection to your beloved one or just bring it out? What will you do?
Dec 27, 2007 02:37
Over the years I have been a little shy with my feelings and lost out because of it, other times I have shown my feelings and still lost out, rejection hurts.
I think the best way is let the person know you are interested and wait to see how they respond, it could be they are are shy themselves, if they show they a glimmer of interest them I will take the lead.
I was lucky that Jing told my friend Nina that she wanted to get to know me better, Nina relayed this to me and we took it from there, I will now show her all my affection knowing it will be greatfullly received.
Alan
Dec 27, 2007 03:53
  • DAVEC
Rejection is a bad thing but I feel you have to try. It is better to express yourself and be rejected than living your whole life thinking what if.....
Take every opportunity you can, some will go wrong but most will be ok.
Dec 27, 2007 07:16
  • JCNILE123
((((being turned down by the beloved one is very painful. However, hiding the obscure affection may be more suffering. Sometimes, it may become a lifelong regret. Hide an obscure affection to your beloved one or just bring it out? What will you do?))))

I think that; is been call Obsession.

Obsession make’s people sick and crazy.
Dec 27, 2007 08:46
GUEST10249 Better to tell them if you believe you will never meet anyone like them again. Love needs courage, but just remember that timing is everything.

You need to treat them with respect and kindness before and after you tell them that you like them, so your actions match your words. If you do so you might find a happy ending to your story.

Just telling them is not enough, in my opinion. If you are going to confuse them (i.e. they already have a lover), or else, you are not going to take responsibility for caring for them please don't tell them. When you tell someone you have feelings for them, you should like them enough to care for them ( a kind of responsibility), rather than just enjoy them.
Dec 27, 2007 11:45
  • GRIZ326
Sales people love rejection! Their theory is that the more "Nos" that they hear, the closer they are to getting a "Yes." ...and sales people make the world go 'round. Correct? ;-)

It is difficult to hear a "No" if you hope to know a person better; but at least it will not be another "woulda, coulda, shoulda" of your life. Eliminating "woulda, coulda, shouldas" from your life spares you many regrets.

BTW - "woulda, coulda, shoulda" is a common way to express the common whine: "If I would have done this..." "I should have done that..." "If I could have done..."

Dec 27, 2007 19:01
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I would say it as long as there is no hindrance and no one is going to get hurt.

As someone has said, ‘Love is not for the faint of heart.’ You have to have guts if you want to love. And it’s better to show it and lose than live the rest of your life regretting what could have been.

^_^
Dec 27, 2007 19:41
  • FRANKENSTEIN
To bring it out, it is easy to say, but hard to do. Notice, the key point is that the affection is obscure. You are not sure about how she/he feels you. Love itself is kind of subtle feeling and obscure affection is more subtle.
Dec 27, 2007 19:55
GUEST10249 you might get rejected, but you might also be accepted :-)
The best thing about expressing your feelings is that it will give you and the other person a chance to know each other better and explore, possibly, a relationship together.
Dec 27, 2007 20:10
  • JCNILE123
((obscure affection))

I think these are the two words driving the filings on the one affected individual.
Dec 27, 2007 20:18
  • FRANKENSTEIN
GUEST10249,

I understand you said. I understand that "love needs courage". Maybe, I am a litttle shy and conservative. I am as shy as Westwoodgas.( LOL)

"Timing is everything". What is the right time? It is hard for me to grasp this "philosophy".
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hide an obscure affection to your sweetheart or just bring it out?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code