Menu
Does your BF look at himself in the mirror frequently?
Dec 29, 2007 00:20
  • JIMMYB
Does your BF look at himself in the mirror frequently? If so, congratulations to you. Why? Some economists have found that good-looking people make more money than those plain-looking ones. Here are three main reasons: No.1 Discrimination against those ugly people still exists; No.2 Good appearance can benefit you in some professions; No.3 Those good-looking people are more confident and are good at spreading themselves. What's more, if you spend more time on dressing and making up yourself, your salary will be increased. It works well for men. It is said that your salary will be increased by 6% if you spend ten more minutes on dressing or making up. Thus, if you want your BF to be rich, do not stop him looking at himself in the mirror.

Do you believe it?
Dec 29, 2007 09:54
  • CARLOS
Rubbish, I say!

Can´t say more ;-)

Carlos
Dec 29, 2007 10:30
  • JCNILE123
I happen to a partial decree am in agreement with Carlos on this one, (Rubbish, I say!)

Except #2, Good appearance benefits you on all jobs, as long as it is about overall good appearance and not a borderline a she/hi man, I am in full agreement.
You know this people of today days, that you have look at them very close because they are more feminine than their counter parts females.

If that is what Jimmyb calls “good appearance, in that case, I’m with Carlos 100%.
Dec 29, 2007 19:01
  • SHESGOTTOBE
If my boyfriend uses the mirror more than I do, I’d tell him to go buy one big mirror before I’ll marry him. I’m sure he can afford it since he just got a raise. Oh wait. I don’t have a boyfriend. But thanks for the tip, JimmyB. Now all I have to do is to look for a man who always carries a compact mirror. O_o

Incidentally, Atobe Keigo always carries a compact mirror. I don’t even carry one. ^_^”

“Forget the rules. I am the rule.” ~ Atobe Keigo of Prince of Tennis
Dec 29, 2007 19:55
  • JIMMYB
SHEGOTTOBE, it seems that gentlemen here don't believe it. To be honest, I don't believe it, too. No.2 reason should be excluded. When I was in high school, I read an article that said those boys (in middle school) look themselves in the mirror frequently must fall in love with somebody (this is so called puppy love). Do you agree?

Quote: If my boyfriend uses the mirror more than I do, I’d tell him to go buy one big mirror before I’ll marry him. I’m sure he can afford it since he just got a raise. Oh wait. I don’t have a boyfriend. But thanks for the tip, JimmyB. Now all I have to do is to look for a man who always carries a compact mirror.

Well, good luck to you, SHESGOTTOBE. Hope you can find such a guy to end your single life :-)

Quote: Incidentally, Atobe Keigo always carries a compact mirror. I don’t even carry one. ^_^

Well, most girls have a compact mirror, cosmetics and a small comb in their hand bags. Why don't you have a compact mirror in your bag?

For Atobe Keigo, I have nothing to say since I don't like him. Some guys who don't carry a mirror are also handsome and attractive, for example, Tezuka.

Dec 29, 2007 22:07
  • AL32
Yo,

I don't get the relation between the mirror and being beautiful.
I think I'm OK looking, but I barely never look at myself in the mirror.
I also really doubt that doing it more would get me a raise, a girlffriend or more confidence in myself.

Although, I do try to always dress properly and nicely for work and try to show a profestional look. I smile all the time and I do my best to not let my problems affect how my face ..and my whole body look...

Boys that spend too much time looking at themself in the mirror might end up only just loving themselve in the end...

There are only very few uggly people in this world; but way too many insecure and self-confidence- lacking people.

Believe in yourself!...and you don't necessarily need a mirror to do that...but hey! if it works for you....

Dec 30, 2007 14:19
  • GRIZ326
In my experience, attractive people get more promotions than ordinary people.

If you want to climb the corporate or political ladder you must look the part. Back in 1988, a guy named John Molloy wrote the book, Dress for Success and it was 洛阳纸贵.
Dec 30, 2007 19:43
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“When I was in high school, I read an article that said those boys (in middle school) look themselves in the mirror frequently must fall in love with somebody (this is so called puppy love). Do you agree?”

It is true that boys and maybe some men in love tend to check themselves more in the mirror. It’s because they want to look good when they are going to see the girl they love. I think that is totally normal. ^_^

And yes, in the business world, even though most people on top are not dropdead gorgeous, most of them have strong personalities.

“Well, good luck to you, SHESGOTTOBE. Hope you can find such a guy to end your single life.”

Thank you, JimmyB, but I was kidding that I would look for a man who carries a compact mirror all the time. LOL! A well-groomed man who pays attention to hygiene is enough. To be honest, I’m not really consciously looking for a man to end my single life. It will come in time. ^_^

“Why don't you have a compact mirror in your bag?”

I never use one because I only check myself in a restroom mirror, so no need to bring a compact mirror. I also don’t ‘fix’ myself in public, so no need for it.

“Some guys who don't carry a mirror are also handsome and attractive, for example, Tezuka.”

Ah… Tezuka… why can’t he be real? ^_^”
Those bespectacled eyes, that stature, that discipline, that maturity, that determination. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that he has a handsome face. If only he would show even the faintest smile.

*cough*

Ok, I better get back to earth. I should stop worshipping unearthly men, really. O_o

Here. For the love of Tezuka. Sorry, couldn’t stop. >_<

Dec 30, 2007 21:15
  • JIMMYB
Quote: I never use one because I only check myself in a restroom mirror, so no need to bring a compact mirror. I also don’t ‘fix’ myself in public, so no need for it.

Agree! Every girl wants to be beautiful in others' eyes. But I don't think it is a good idea to fix youself in public.
Dec 31, 2007 00:08
GUEST19216 It's not such a bad thing to look at yourself in the mirror. I like it when a guy takes the time and effort to look nice, smell nice, and be physically fit. It seems like a kind of courtesy for their woman too, since we women have been doing this to please men for a long time. I know that people are busy and don't always have the time to take care of themselves, but I like guys who make an effort to look nice, particularly since it's the first thing I notice. It always has benefits in their personal and professional life.

I think that if you don't try to please others, then you shouldn't complain when they don't give you attention. (i.e. people who don't try to dress nice or groom themselves well, and wonder why they are not popular with the opposite sex.)

In the long run, it is the person's character that matters the most.

One thing that interests me, is "Are Chinese people obsessed with physical appearances?" There's an article in the December issue of the Economist, that is about how when it comes to beauty, those who have more are given more, throughout their lives. As it says in the Bible, to those who have will be given more. Beauty is what's called an "unfakeable signal" in biology, meaning it reveals good genes and whether someone will make a good partner to reproduce with.

In North America, studies show that ugliness has a career penalty and beauty has a career reward. When they look at salaries, ugly people make 5% lower salaires, beautiful people 4% more. In Britain, ugly men are penalized around -11%. In China, this is where the numbers are staggering. In Shanghai, ugly men make 25% less and only about 2% more if they are handsome. Ugly women are also heavily, around 20%, and rewarded over 15% higher salary. Cosmetics can help certainly in this department, but it is said that for every dollar spent, only 15 cents of that investment brings an equal return. (ie its an inefficient way of trying to improve your career). However, cosmetics may help in one's love life, where the study did not measure... So... you know what, I personally do not focus too much on looks when it comes to friends, but in my mind, beauty is more than skin deep because it really can change your entire life and bless you if you have more of it.
Jan 2, 2008 22:01
  • MOONDOLLARS
JimmyB, I don't carry a compact mirror and small comb in my purse. I prefer to tie my hair so that I don't have to fix it all the time in the day. It's just too much of a hassle. I've seen those kinds of girls that fix themselves up in public and honestly (sadly), I look at it with disdain. I feel they are a bit self-absorbed. Who are you trying to attract in public anyway? It's not like you'll attract a guy to the point where he'll come up to you and ask you out. That's just creepy. Guys (some) can see through girls like that easily. I have to admit, I really don't like guys who can't see through girls like that.

- moondollars
http://community.faithvine.com/blogs/moondollars
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Does your BF look at himself in the mirror frequently?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code