3. 0 vote(s)
  4. 0 vote(s)
  5. 0 vote(s)
  6. 0 vote(s)
  7. 2 vote(s)
  8. 1 vote(s)
  9. 0 vote(s)
  10. 4 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
What are your New Year's wishes? A new year is a new start. We all anticipate some things in the new year. For me, I expect to do more travelling and have more free time.
Jan 3, 2008 10:52
  • CARLOS
I voted others, because
1. no need any more
2. just bought an apartment
3. just changed work and got salary rise
4. same, got promoted too
5. a baby is not on the list for this year. Maybe next
6. bought a car 3 years ago, next maybe after 3 years or so
7. this year maybe one trip to Nanning, no more
8. free time from what?
9. apparently will not watch, most competitions have done before I come home from work.
All I need for this year is to have my Qiong here.

Carlos
Jan 3, 2008 17:52
  • GRIZ326
That my Fiancee visa application is approved. Then my gal and her daughter can come to the United States and we can make a family.
Jan 3, 2008 19:57
  • SHESGOTTOBE
It’s the same thing for me, BBQQ. I want to do more traveling and to have more free time to catch up on my other interests.

1. I can’t seem to find him so he’ll have to find me. LOL!
2. I already have a house
3. I get a raise periodically
4. Sure, but I am not so keen on this because I work with good people.
5. Can’t have this without No.1 first, can I? O_o
6. I already have a car
7. Yes, Paris, Taiwan, Shanghai, Xi’an, Chengdu, Beijing and Tokyo (tentative plan)
8. Yes, more free time to do cooking, reading, sleeping, gardening, traveling and just relaxing at the patio during summer.
9. Impossible. I would hate the crowd and overpriced everything. I want Beijing all to myself. Selfish! Heheh…
10. I pray that my family, friends and I will remain happy and healthy. I pray that my niece will keep doing well in school. I hope that my parents will live long. Have more peace of mind. I also hope to learn some Chinese and Japanese. And hope to have more savings if I don’t end up spending all the money on traveling and other interests. >_<
Jan 4, 2008 08:22
I too voted for others, Like Griz I would wish for Jing to get her visa for the UK so that we can be together forever.
I would also wish that I can learn Chinese and Jing can learn English, though we will have fun teaching each other.
Other than that I wish for happiness for all my friends and family.
Alan
Jan 4, 2008 09:47
  • JCNILE123
Therefore, it ends...
Jan 5, 2008 01:52
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
I chose other as well since it somewhat applies and some do not. I will do it “Carlos” style, by the way that’s a nice picture. Carlos, where was that picture taken at?

1. I am not really looking for a lover or marriage this year. I still got a lot time ahead and I still have many things I want to do on my own before heading down that path. But like many of you guys, I am crazy for a Chinese girl. She just immigrated to the states with her family. She possesses a lot of the qualities that an overseas Chinese woman would have and is the first girl that I am confident that I could bring home to Mom, Dad and Grandma and they would get a long so well because she too comes from a village in Guangzhou as well as (very scary to admit) she reminds me a lot of my own mom. LOL for example, my mom always fed me purple taro as a “snack” when I was a kid and one day when we were together, she did the same as well, getting it perfect in a microwave, just like my mom.

Ok I am ranting, But I do wish you guys my best wishes on a speedy Visa process. I have a cousin who married in China this year and he is predicting it will be a few years before it is possible for his wife to join him here in California.

2. In the process of building one.
3. March of this year.
4. March of this year
5. Not until I am at least 25.
6. Got a 2007.
7. My eyes are still puffy red from my recent trip (Portland, OR) but if I were forced to choose, I would like to visit Guizhou or Yunnan province.
8. I have enough currently.
9. I don’t really like to travel to a foreign country to be in a crowd of people who were probably on the same plane with me from SFO or speak the same language. I just like the feeling of walking around a foreign country and not have to speak English in order to force myself to speak a language I rarely get to use in the States (Cantonese and broken Mandarin).

So I guess one wish would be health and happiness as one of my wishes for the New Year.

Danny
Jan 5, 2008 03:32
  • CARLOS
Thanks, Danny,
the photo is taken at Cultural Relic Park in Nanning.
Lots of memories from there in short time.

Carlos

Post a Reply to: What are your New Year's wishes?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code