Menu
Men have evolved to fall for younger women
Jan 7, 2008 00:37
  • SUNNYDREAM
Interestingly, men have eloved to fall for younger women, a recent study revealed. In reality, it is true. I have came across many couples who have a large difference in age. It seems that age is no longer a problem for marriage and love.

This is a report about the recent discovery: Ever wonder just why men fall for women young enough to be their daughters or women tend to hook up with men far older than themselves? Well, that’s just the question researchers at Vienna University have found that answer to.

The researchers say that men choose younger wives, and women choose older husbands is because they have evolved this way.

The researchers also state that the reason behind why men evolved this way is because of progeny, as younger wives maximize the chances of producing offspring.

The theory is based on the findings of a study that involved more than 11,600 Swedish men and women aged 45-55, and their partners.

They found that couples where the man was six years older than the woman had the most number of kids – an average of 2.2.

The researchers also noted that the reason why women fall for older men is because the latter represent resources and stability.

Study leader Martin Fieder said that the finding may help explain why men fall for younger women and vice versa.

"These findings may account for the phenomenon that men typically prefer and mate with women younger than themselves, whereas women usually desire and mate with men older than themselves," the Telegraph quoted him, as saying.

"We conclude that the age preference for the partner increases individual fitness of both men and women and may thus be an evolutionarily acquired trait," he added.

The researchers also noted that this trait is even visible in a second marriage where men and women both tend to choose younger partners.

Women however, choose men who are younger than their first partners yet slightly older than themselves.

"These findings support the reported age preferences of ageing men for increasingly younger women as well as of women for a partner just a little older than themselves," Mr Fieder said.

"We attribute the shift to a younger partner to a potential compensation for the fertility loss caused by the individuals' increasing age," he added.
Jan 7, 2008 06:38
  • LIONPOWER
Girls IQ increases dramatically faster than boys till their age touches 16~ 18 years (Asian girls), also they feel physically fulfillment of their lives. Comparatively boy at that age not too smart about life (may be foolish).
So we can compare a girl in these age with a men ( Concern with marital status).

Physically girls sexual life shorter than boys, so it is wise to balance at starting point, then it will be a good match at finishing (Asian theme).
Jan 7, 2008 10:34
  • GRIZ326
An old man with a young wife keeps another man's woman.
Jan 7, 2008 13:45
  • CARLOS
Mean he don´t have the right to marry a young woman, Griz?

I think now it is time to define how big can the difference of ages be.

Basically we are here to breed (hope I used the right word), so if that happens, no matter the age, the job is done then.

Carlos
Jan 7, 2008 14:43
  • JCNILE123
He, He, (An old man with a young wife keeps another man's woman.)

Not comment at this time...
Jan 7, 2008 17:31
  • DAVEC
Men take longer to mature, we are almost always still a child at heart but in reality women are at least 10 years maturer than men.
Women probably choose men that are older because they offer more reliability and security, whilst men prefer younger women because..... well its obvious.
Jan 7, 2008 19:33
  • LEONARDO
Very interesting research.
>>The reason why women fall for older men is because the latter represent resources and stability.The reason behind why men evolved this way is because of progeny, as younger wives maximize the chances of producing offspring.
The phenomenon can be justified.

An old man with a young wife keeps another man's woman. Griz, do you mean an old man who married a young wife actually support another man's woman? In other words, his wife will leave him sooner or later.Even worse, his wife may have an affair with other younger men.
Jan 8, 2008 09:44
  • LIONPOWER
Both are OK but latter one get preference. Wishing to hear from Griz.
Jan 8, 2008 14:56
  • GRIZ326
This old joke says it all:

An 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that Doc ?"

The doctor considered his question for a minute then began to tell a story.

"I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season."

One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry, he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun."

"As he neared a lake, he came across a very large doe at the water's edge.

He realized he'd left his gun at home and so he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature.

Out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'."

"Miraculously, two shots rang out and the deer fell over dead.

Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor.

The 86-year-old said "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that doe."

The doctor replied, "My point exactly."
Jan 9, 2008 19:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
People have a right to marry whoever it is that they think has passed their criteria.

I didn’t have a problem that J. Howard Marshall II(89) and Anna Nicole Smith(26) married. Both are adults who know what they were doing. He wasn’t a billionaire because he’s a fool.

However, if breeding(as if we don’t have an overpopulation problem yet) and resources are the reasons, whatever happened to love?
Jan 10, 2008 01:55
  • APAULT
I don't know if it's true but it gives me permission to chase the beautiful young ladies on campus.!! "I need you, it's an evolutionary imperative, I can explain it to your parents, it's scientific!!!"

Maybe we are missing something. We have also evolved NOT to be monogamous: it is in the interests of all animals to mate with multiple partners in order to pass on their genes. So if we accept the idea that it is reasonable for men to pursue and marry much younger women because it is an evolutionary outcome, it is also acceptable to 'screw around'.

The reality is that society in quite recent times imposed extra rules, and concepts like monogamy and love. We also have light rules for the age gap issue, as some people tutt tutt and frown.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Men have evolved to fall for younger women
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code