Menu
Girl attempts to commit suicide for not having "Hukou" to test
Jan 15, 2008 09:44
  • CARLOS
Then can imagine this faith comes mostly for girls. If the first child is a girl, then parents try again to have a son?
Finally daughter is left without a hukou and any real citizen´s rights?

Then this girl will have very little alternatives.

Carlos
Jan 18, 2008 20:51
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“Also, 'illegal' children under the one-child policy and children of rural parents who have traveled without permission to the larger cities in search of work are often unable to attend school.”

Source: http://www.liuzhou.co.uk/china/educationinfo.htm

Sad. :-(
Jan 19, 2008 02:48
  • CHERYL
Everyone will meet difficulties and miseries in his life, and its inevitable. Be optimistic and strong. there isn't a river that one can't cross, if this way is closed, why not think and try another?
Jan 20, 2008 08:32
  • JCNILE123
((Everyone will meet difficulties and miseries in his life, and its inevitable. Be optimistic and strong. there isn't a river that one can't cross, if this way is closed, why not think and try another? ))

Killing ones self is an act of cowardice, you are a looser if you think that killing your self is an option.
I have no pity for this girl.
Jan 20, 2008 21:52
  • LEONARDO
JC,
How easy it is for you to make a sentimental stament without much considering! Can you imagine how hard it is for that girl to make the final choice. She must have been struggling for quite a long time before ending her life. In spite of the fact that, I don't favor the girl's move, I still think her tragedy is pathetic to responsible and compassionate people. Actually, she is a victim of the irrational system. Don't grudge your pity.
Jan 21, 2008 23:28
  • JCNILE123
Dear Leo,
Quote, ((Don't grudge your pity.))

Kindheartedly I, can educate you, please do not make a fool of your self.
It makes you luck like a poor midget, intellectually speaking.

If you can read Basic English, all I wrote was (I have no pity for this girl)
Where can you see grudges there?

Just in case you lack a dictionary to use, I kindly offer you the meaning of GRUDGE.

grudge
Definition:
resentment: a feeling of resentment or ill will, especially one lasting for a long time

1. give something reluctantly: to allow, give, or do something reluctantly
2. envy something: to be envious or resentful of somebody for something

To finish today lessons, I happen to start thinking that you carry some grudges, and so, definition is applicable to you.
Jan 23, 2008 21:51
  • LEONARDO
JCNILE123,

What should I say? Did I misuse the word "grudge"? You should read it carefully based on the context. Do we want to play "a game of words" once again? Not necessarily because it would spoil the original topic.

I have a bunch of dictionaries. Anyhow, thanks for your lecture, professor! Perhaps, you are right. I can't read basic English. I am an illiterate and I wish. All right, that definition is applicable to me.Sigh, knowledge increases pain.
Jan 23, 2008 22:59
  • JCNILE123
I admire your humbleness!
I must confess, I been sarcastic.

About the subject, yes, as I said before, I HAVE NO PITY FOR A PERSON THAT DOES WHAT SHE DID.
Because she was aware of her limitations, more over, she was aware of the government rules.
She is a LUCKY selfish girl.
She do not deserve to be alive, I hope she learn to make a good use of her second chance.
There must be millions of boys and girl on the same boat in China, are all of then committing suicide?
I am sure the answer in “no” period.

I you do not agree with me, I respect that, and you should do same wise.
I respect you opinion, as long it sticks to the subject.
And so I hope, Merry Christmas!
Jan 24, 2008 15:12
  • DODGER
JC,
I am surprised and a little disappointed in you response to this girls plight. Especially for one who takes the high ground on some moral issues posted here.
The taking of ones life or attempting too is in no way the act of a coward but more an act of complete desperation.
I had dinner some time ago with a high ranking official in Chine who kept two families. I doubt very much that his children would be denied the chance to obtain an education.
As to the correction of Leonardo’s use of some words, and I fully understood what he was saying, perhaps when I have fully mastered the Chinese langue I might be qualified to correct others with their English grammar.
Someone once said” sarcasm is the lowest form of whit” (remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride)
Cheer, Dodger.
Jan 24, 2008 16:37
  • JCNILE123
Dodger very interesting point, however, I will focus my response on a set of words of yours, Quote, (but more an act of complete desperation.)

#1- I do not thing suicide is a mark of bravery, but dying fighting is honorable.
Have she accomplish the will, do you think her dead can be honorable?
If it is not honorable, then what it is?

#2- I question, why it have to go to the point of desperation.
I suppose you have dream of been a lot more than what you are today, and perhaps you have done every thing there is to have it better, however you are just you, and so you keep on going resilient to the end.
I am sure you have seen many obstacles and monkey wrenches on front of you, you have overcome many and many have overcome you.
The point is, you are alive, and what if you have given up just because?

What about the many millions of Chinese children that has a "hukou", but no money to go to college?
Shall we advice suicide to them too as an exit to their desperation?

I prefer to advice them to work hard and have a dream, a long-term dream.

About Leos, Quote (Don't grudge your pity.)
On reply #15 I don’t think he have a given right use the word grudge to criticize me personally,
All I said was Quote I have no pity for the girl, and there are not grudges at all.
I consider his opinion opportunistic and irrelevant.
I made no correction to any one; I just made a point that if he does not like what I write, it is ok, just stick to the subject.

I have not corrected any one about their grammar, I have let the world know that there is not an ounce of GRUDGE on my expression, “I have no pity for that girl”
On the other hand, do I have to say yes sir?

Quote, I admire your humbleness!
I must confess, I been sarcastic.

I see arrogance on his humble words, and so I leave no doubt about my admiration.

In addition, sorry but whatever some said before it is not a matter of my concern, I care more about my surroundings.

I hope this to be the end about this non-sense, as I said before, Merry Christmas!
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Girl attempts to commit suicide for not having "Hukou" to test
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code