Menu
return flight tickets?
Jan 16, 2008 03:38
  • EWELINA
So I heard that you need to have a return flight ticket to get a Chinese visa. How about if I'll fly to Beijing, than overland to Singapore and fly back from there. Is this recognized as a return ticket? Or does it have to be strictly to and from China?
Jan 16, 2008 06:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Relax
It's OK you don't need a return ticket to get a visa. the y don't ask to see and thing on application or even at immigration.
Jan 16, 2008 06:47
  • APAULT
But the airlines, or the check-in staff can be a problem. They are concerned that they wear the costs and penalties if you are not admitted.
Jan 16, 2008 18:38
  • GHOST
I know someone who had trouble in the past with British Airways not recognising a Chinese work visa and demanding that she buy a return ticket (the ticket was a return ticket but originating in China).

In the end, she bought a ticket from Singapore to London so that she could board her flight, after being told she could get it refunded.

If you have some evidence that you will be returning to your home country, hopefully that will prevent you going through the same trauma my friend did.

I also haven't had to show evidence of a return ticket when applying for a Chinese visa.
Post a Reply to: return flight tickets?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code