Menu
Doomsday is coming???
Jan 24, 2008 04:03
  • DODGER
Jimmy,
Although it was not my intention to highjack this thread I would assume that a longer life (with the help of science) would give us better health and looks and full bodily and mental functions way into old age. It would also give us the time to accumulate enough money to not have to work, but to study and learn and to travel and the chance to try understand our self’s and others better.
As it is, by the time that I work out the ins and outs of life someone upstairs will call “times up Dodger”
Jan 24, 2008 18:09
  • APAULT
Griz wants to die in the arms of his lover... oh, nice for her to wake up to that!
Jan 24, 2008 19:05
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Quote: As it is, by the time that I work out the ins and outs of life someone upstairs will call “times up Dodger”

Because we do not know when our time will come, we should live life to the fullest. We shouldn’t put off being happy just because we don’t have this or that. There is this tendency to look for happiness in objects and to put the responsibility to make us happy on other people.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, “WOO HOO! What a Ride!”
Feb 3, 2008 08:28
  • APAULT
ShesGTB: the words of a true hedonist! Party on!
Feb 5, 2008 02:55
  • JIMMYB
Quote: "Although it was not my intention to highjack this thread I would assume that a longer life (with the help of science) would give us better health and looks and full bodily and mental functions way into old age."

Yes, Dodger. To have a longer life, you can witness more changes in your country, in the world. This is great.

"It would also give us the time to accumulate enough money to not have to work, but to study and learn and to travel and the chance to try understand our self’s and others better."

Dodger, you have to work and work before you accumulate enough money to not to have to work. How much is enough? Humans are too greedy. We just want to get more and more to meet our greed. It is endless. Just imagine: If the scientists tell you that we can live 200 years, you will be excited. But when your time comes, you just want another 200 years. There is no end.
Feb 5, 2008 08:09
  • CARLOS
I don´t want to live forever, I want to live long enough.
How long is long enough?
I think it was Rockefeller who was asked at interview how much money does a man need to have enough?
He answered: a little more.

Carlos
Feb 7, 2008 09:57
  • GRIZ326
LOL @ APAULT ... true Paul ...............
Feb 8, 2008 21:29
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"ShesGTB: the words of a true hedonist! Party on!"

Carpe diem! ^_^

Because we are food for worms! O_o
Feb 10, 2008 09:07
  • APAULT
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!
Feb 14, 2008 19:17
  • JIMMYB
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

Simple but very true! You can't take everything when you die. Just live a full life and then you won't regret when times come.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Doomsday is coming???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code