Menu
Be careful with ' I love you'
Jan 24, 2008 01:43
  • FRANKENSTEIN
If you come across a boy who says ' I love you', you should be careful. According to the source, a boy who frequently says ' I love you' to females makes a girl wait for him about 5 years. But he finally gets married with another girl. To revenge, that girl curses the boy and his sister on the telephone every night. She says the boy is really a bastard and he has cheated her. After a while, the boy's sister calls the police. Finally, the truth was unveiled. That girl actually misunderstood the boy's words. The boy says ' I love you' quite often to his female friends and classmates because he thinks that makes him humorous and romantic. How absurd it is!

So, be careful with ' I love you' if a boy says these words to you.
Jan 24, 2008 10:54
  • GRIZ326
Women like to hear the words, "I love you." 我愛你

I have always considered those words a contract/responsibility when said to a girlfriend. As a result, I have rarely uttered those words to any woman other than my mother.
Jan 24, 2008 18:04
  • APAULT
Griz is right. Boys say it because girls want to hear it. Maybe it's better to judge a person by their actions not their words.
Jan 24, 2008 19:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I believe that the words “I love you” shouldn’t be said too loosely. They are such sacred words that it is like a blasphemy to use them if not really meant. If a boy says “I love you” but doesn’t mean it, then it is better that he didn’t say anything at all. But if he means it, then I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t.

Personally, I do believe in saying them a lot and with conviction to the people I love because I mean it from the heart. I do not want the day to come when I will regret not saying it to them.

“…If I knew it would be the last time, I would have spared an extra minute or two
to stop and say "I love you," instead of assuming you would know I do…”
Jan 24, 2008 20:18
  • JIMMYB
"I have always considered those words a contract/responsibility when said to a girlfriend. As a result, I have rarely uttered those words to any woman other than my mother. "

Griz, how about your girl? Do you utter those words to her? Love is sacred so that you should be serious about it. Personally, I don't think that guy is humourous and romantic. The person who say 'I love you' easily and frequently to females doesn't take love seriously. If I was a girl, I would never believe what he says.
Jan 24, 2008 23:37
  • GRIZ326
Yes, JIMMYB, I have told my gal in China that I love her. We have engagement parties planned during my Spring Festival trip to Nanning. I intend to live up to my commitment to her. I hope that she will live up to her commitment to me.

At 57 years of age, love is different from young love. It is about sharing warmth and companionship in the later years of your life. Lust, while still important, does not over-power the caring of mature love (I did not want to say old people's love). :-)

Just having someone to hold as you get older is enough to give a person something worth living for; it makes you young again.

Jan 25, 2008 09:00
  • LIONPOWER
Griz,
Till you are 57 , your gal may leave you or vice versa. So where is love. My opinion, love can't be throw. and the words purely applicable for "Mother".
Jan 26, 2008 18:59
  • TIGERPAUL
I have not said "I love you", to my girlfriend yet. I think about it sometimes, and it excites me to imagine the time when I will say it. But I am also fearful that once I have said it, the thrill of the chase (for both me and her) will be gone. I show her my feelings through my actions and other tender words.

For some reason not saying "I love you" to her, makes me feel like I am holding something back saving it for a rainy day!

Still, valentines day is around the corner.....
Jan 26, 2008 19:17
  • ELLEN77
I admire TIGERPAUL.
Yes, if a boy says 'I love you' to me, I will not think much of it. Instead, I'll always check what he does.
And sometimes I think some affectionate, considerate, or humorous words that can imply love sounds more sweet to me.
Jan 26, 2008 20:38
  • CANADAGUY
It seems this drama plays itself out time and time again throughout the ages.
It's probably as old as mankind and affects everyone on this planet at some point in their lives.

There was a song written about this subject in the 1930's in the U.S.
It was called "It's A Sin to Tell a Lie".
Here are the lyrics:

Be sure it's true when you say
"I love you"
It's a sin to tell a lie
Millions of hearts have been broken,
Just because these words were spoken

I love you
Yes I do
I love you
If you break my heart I'll die
So be sure it's true, when you say
"I love you"
It'a sin to tell a lie
Jan 27, 2008 02:38
  • CARLOS
Jus do what Your heart says. If You really do love, You simply must let it out, can´t help it. When really love, it can be seen and felt, not only heard.

Carlos
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Be careful with ' I love you'
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code