Menu
When is the best time to buy (domestic) plane tickets?
Jan 26, 2008 04:19
guest16086 I'm travelling between Shanghai and Hong Kong (meaning Shenzhen or Guangzhou airport most likely) in July. At the moment, the cheapest fare I can find is around $280 USD round-trip.

Is this likely to go up or down? When is the best time to buy cheap tickets?
Jan 27, 2008 02:31
  • GUBEADS
Hi,
The plane ticket is very expensive now,duo to the Chinese New years .I think you can get a cheap ticket except Chinese holidays .
Jan 28, 2008 02:28
  • JABAROOTOO
That seems like a pretty good price. If you search here the cheapest Shenzhen/Shanghai quoted for July is almost double and from Guangzhou they are a little cheaper still.

My advice is to wait until much closer to your arrival date as there always a lot a of heavy discounting of up to 40% so you could get a much better deal.
Jan 28, 2008 11:30
  • INMEDIC
I have found a one way ticket from Shanghai to Nanning for 1310 CNY. I will arrive in Shanghai end of February so I was going to wait until near the time I will arrive in Shanghai also.
Feb 24, 2008 01:39
  • ELLYSE
I've been pricing for similar routes, for end of February. The absolute cheapest way would be to fly by Spring Airlines (http://www.china-sss.com) to Guangzhou and back. If you get one of their cheapest tickets, it's only 199 RMB each way, plus 150 RMB for taxes. So that's only about 700 RMB for round-trip!
Post a Reply to: When is the best time to buy (domestic) plane tickets?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code