Menu
Prohibit smoking in the restaurants!
Jan 28, 2008 22:05
  • KATRINA
Recently, Beijing government has released Rules on Prohibiting Smoking in Public PLaces on an official website to ask the public's advice. According to the rules, smoking will be prohibited in the restaurants, hotels, hostels, training ceters and holiday villages. Meanwhile, people are not allowed to smoke in the stadiums, body building centers and some cultural and historical sites. However, restaurants, hotels and hostels can establish smoking rooms for those smokers. If the smokers don't obey the rule, they will be fined less than 50 yuan.

What do you think of the rules? Will it take effect?
Jan 29, 2008 16:42
  • DAVEC
We already have no smoking in the UK and I am in favour of it myself. When I go to a restaurant I want to eat my food not inhale someone elses smoke and on crowded buses and trains it make for a healthier and cleaner environment.
But you have to be careful that the bans dont go too far like they do here. People are not allowed to smoke in an area that has 3 walls because it is classed as enclosed, so you are not allowed to smoke in a bus shelter!!! Employees are not allowed to smoke where they work, it must be outside and not within 5 metres of the premises.
Some areas are a good idea but others are just daft.
Jan 29, 2008 19:25
  • KEVIN0518
I hate smokers. When somebody smokes around me, I feel that I am dying. 50 yuan is not enough. The smokers should be fined more.
Jan 29, 2008 19:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I would welcome the news. I just hope it gets implemented. Cigarette smoke stinks! I’d rather smell the food. I love restaurants, after all hehe…. ^_^

By the way, 50 yuan fine is too low, I think? Maybe they should impose penalty on the restaurant, too if they let people smoke inside.
Jan 29, 2008 22:14
  • MARRIE
i hate smokers. smoke makes my feel dizzy.
Jan 30, 2008 19:24
  • APAULT
Fantastic news....but people are already prohibited from smoking in railway and bus stations and on trains................. and how effective is that?

Jan 30, 2008 20:41
  • CONNY129
Smoking should be prohibited in everywhere!!
Jan 30, 2008 20:55
  • JIMMYB
"Smoking should be prohibited in everywhere!!"

To solve this problem thoroughly, all cigarette corporations should be closed. Cigarette shouldn't have been made.
Jan 31, 2008 01:07
  • CONNY129
But in this case, the government will lost a huge amount tax income.
Jan 31, 2008 01:55
  • JIMMYB
Yes, Conny. If smking is prohibited everywhere, those smokers will die. Wherever they go, they are not allowed to smoke. For them, they can't live without cigarettes.
Jan 31, 2008 12:36
  • JCNILE123
Government will lost some taxes, all right.
At the same time, government will save in the medical field, Lung Cancer any one?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prohibit smoking in the restaurants!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code