Menu
living in Kunming with children
May 2, 2008 10:33
  • KIWIS
Hello karen,

My husband is in Kunming for 1 month now and me and the boys are folowing in August.

Indeed there is only 1 international school, which follows an America system.

I have tried to get information about home schooling, but failed till now. If you are primary school teachers i would think it will not be to difficult to do home schooling. i have no idea yet about the sport and other social activities. I do know that the school is organising some sport activities for children, but there could be more.

All families in Kunming with Children, I met till now do send their kids to the KIA school.
if you have more specific questions, please reply to me on my email adress: hotmail.com|bollen-boer

Elise

May 26, 2008 00:42
GUEST52253 Hi all,
My name is Grant. I have been living in Kunming for almost four years. I would love to help anyone who may have problems moving to Kunming. About the children thing, I don't have that problem, but I do know someone who recently moved to Kunming with three kids( one boy and two girls) about 10. My email address: yahoo.com.cn|mky1986
Jun 24, 2009 00:34
GUEST88231 several expat/international schools - but you need to monitor the curricula to ensure your kids don't fall behind if you plan on repatriating around college time. cost should be around ¥10,000 per child per year. they teach (usually) in both english and chinese. schools are waaaaay in the south by the international airport (soon to be moved) and waaaaay up in the north - both expat dens.
Jun 2, 2011 20:38
GUEST35182 Hello, i am a 15 year old girl who has been living in Kunming for many years. KIA has basket ball, soccer and volleyball and there are various swimming lessons that can be taken from Chinese coaches around town who often times speak English. There are tons of westerners living in Kunming and a LARGE majority of their children all go to the KIA so you will definitely meet a LOT of non-Chinese people.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: living in Kunming with children
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code