Menu
The healthiest food in the world
Feb 19, 2008 02:57
  • BBQQ
Meat: goose, duck and chicken. Goose and duck is good for your heart and chicken is the best source of protein.

Fruits: Chaenomeles sinensis, tangerine, orange, strawberry, kiwi fruit, mango, apple, persimmon and watermelon.

Papain in Chaenomeles sinensis can break down protein in meat. Tangerine and orange contain much Vitamin C. Strawberry can help resist cancer, make your breath fresh and be good for your throat.

Vegetable: sweet potato, corn, asparagus, broccoli, eggplant, sugar beet, shepards-purse, Brassica capitata L. var. gongylodes L., potato, needle mushroom, Potherb Mustard (Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. et Coss) and cabbage.

Snacks: nuts good for your brain and pig liver. Nuts good for your brain include peanut, walnut, pine nut, apricot kernel etc. Pig liver contains much protein, calcium, vitamine A, B1 and B2. Chinese traditional doctor says that pig liver is good for your eyesight.

Edible oil: olive oil, corn oil and rice (bran) oil. It can help prevent high blood fat, arteriosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
Feb 19, 2008 20:00
  • BBQQ
No one comments on this food list. Well, it seems that people are not interested in healthy food. Very sad!
Feb 20, 2008 12:20
GUEST18931 Dear BBQQ - I always read and appreciate your entries on healthy foods, and enjoyed this entry as well. I was interested enough to look up some of the items about which I didn't know, such as the Chinese quince and Mustard Potherb. Thank you, and please continue to enlighten us, especially about traditional Chinese foos with medicinal qualities.
Feb 20, 2008 20:04
  • BBQQ
Thanks, Guest18931.I am inspired by your words and will continue to post more healthy and medicinal foods.

Quote:" I was interested enough to look up some of the items about which I didn't know, such as the Chinese quince and Mustard Potherb."

I don't know if I translate them correctly. In Chinese, Mustard Potherb is called 荠菜 (Ji 4 Cai 4). It is said that the dumplings with mustard potherb filling is very delicious. Here is the photo.

Feb 20, 2008 20:09
  • BBQQ
In Chinese, Chinese quince is called 木瓜 (Mu 4 Gua 1). Do you try any Chinese quince Facial Cleanser? It is good for your skin. Here is the photo.

Feb 21, 2008 04:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Chinese Quince -that's a curious name for the papaya or pawpaw which has some real health giving qualities but like most fruit should be consumed raw to get all the benefits.

It's one of my favourites which I eat with yoghurt
or combine with pineapple, bananas, mangoes and passionfruit to make a delicious 'tropical' fruit salad

Feb 22, 2008 14:21
  • SETH
Hello BBQQ and friends - I entered a reply to BBQQ as GUEST18931, but I have always enjoyed reading posts from everyone in many of the community categories. So I joined the network and just wanted to say hello.

Seth
Feb 24, 2008 21:24
  • BBQQ
Seth, welcome to join us. Just enjoy your stady with us on this forum.
Post a Reply to: The healthiest food in the world
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code