Menu
Why does Extramarital affair occur very often in China?
Feb 19, 2008 22:14
  • LEOPOLD219
Why do Chinese men involve in extramarital affair? What kind of answer do you expect? Some of them will ask you a question before they give their answers: Don’t you see that a teapot usually has four cups at least? So it is very normal that they find other women outside. (Just kidding)

As a FT contributor writes, one of his friends comes back from Singapore and notices that almost all his domestic friends or school mates have changed their wives. Those who haven’t divorced their wives actually have extramarital affair with other women. To him, it is really a surprise. Finally, he ends his career in Singapore, resides in mainland and divorces her wife.

For a certain part of officials or successful businessmen, having extramarital affair is very normal. Some even say that you are ashamed if you don’t have a mistress or extramarital affair. How can they relate this to ‘face’ issue?

Of course, those wives won’t give in so easily. It is reported that a white collar in Beijing ate three sleeping pills and jumped from a 24-floor building to revenge his husband who had extramarital affair. How sad it is!

What do you think of extramarital affair? Looking forward to your comments and opinions.
Feb 19, 2008 23:28
GUESTMICHELLE The Chinese woman was stupid to commit suicide. Her death only made it easier for her husband to continue his favourite hobby.

Having affairs is a sign of a man disrespect for his partner be it Chinese or not.
Feb 19, 2008 23:38
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Some men think that having other women on the side is proof of his prowess and masculinity, that if he doesn’t have other women, he is not man enough. But the more a man tries to prove his masculinity, the more that I suspect him. A real man doesn’t need to prove that he is a man. He knows he is a man. You know, that 4 cups for a teapot analogy can be applied the other way. 4 men for a woman, considering that there are more men in China than women. Would men like that practice? It won’t be just very normal but very practical as well.

I’m not sure I understand who took the sleeping pills and jumped from a building. I hope it is not the wife of a womanizing husband. It is not worth killing yourself over a man like that. Your life is more valuable than a womanizing husband. Just leave him and start a new life. Yes, there is life after betrayal.

Not that it matters but my stand on extramarital affairs is very cut and dry. I do not approve of it. I will not tolerate it. No excuse will make it acceptable for me. And I would rather be a spinster than settle for a man like that.
Feb 20, 2008 01:26
Not that it matters but my stand on extramarital affairs is very cut and dry. I do not approve of it. I will not tolerate it. No excuse will make it acceptable for me. And I would rather be a spinster than settle for a man like that.

I agree with you on this, no man or woman should take part in extramarital affairs, I would never consider it, I have had women come to me since I got married but I tell them I love my wife and no way would I cheat on her, Jing trusts me totally and I trust her too.
A friend of mine at work has just been murdered ( on Monday ) by her ex-husband because of their marraige failed, it's very sad a when a marraige break up sinks that low.
Alan

Feb 20, 2008 03:43
  • JIMMYB
"You know, that 4 cups for a teapot analogy can be applied the other way. 4 men for a woman, considering that there are more men in China than women. Would men like that practice? It won’t be just very normal but very practical as well."

That is a good idea, SHESGOTTOBE. Thus, those 'left' guys don't need to worry about finding a wife. I am just afraid that they will fight with each other.

Alan, you are really a moral model. Horrible! Your workmate was murdered by her ex-husband.
Feb 20, 2008 05:12
Yes Jimmy, we are still trying to get our heads around it, we are still waiting to hear more as there is nothing in the newspapers or television.
All we know is her ex-husband was still there when the police arrived, her neighbours had heard her screams and called the police.We are all worried about her children 11 & 3 years of age as they were there when he killed her.
Alan
Feb 20, 2008 11:00
GUESTGUESTMARIO (((And I would rather be a spinster than settle for a MAN like that. )))
Feb 20, 2008 20:09
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Way to go, Alan! You’re the man! ;-)

Sad to hear about your co-worker though. Not only are those kids going to be traumatized and without a mother, for sure the father is not going to get custody of them. They’d probably end up in a foster home and be the prime witnesses to the crime. What a tragedy. *sigh*
Feb 20, 2008 20:18
  • BBQQ
So be serious with your marriage and never have extramarital affair with other women if you want to keep your family intact.
Feb 21, 2008 01:30
Way to go, Alan! You’re the man! ;-)
Thanks for that, I know if ever I was temped to cheat on my wife I would regret it for the rest of my life, so I will never do it, I love and respect Jing too much.

As for my co-worker we are all still in a state of shock, I have coped better than most because it's not the first time I have lost a friend in such a way, I feel sorry for her family, she was a really nice lady.

BBQQ, I couldn't have put better.
Alan
Feb 21, 2008 08:44
  • YEMMIE
If you want more than one woman, don't get married. I am in America. My girl is in China. I visit her for about two weeks each year. I am in the process of trying to bring her to America. Do I cheat? Absolutely not. Will I ever cheat? NO!!! And I have the same faith in her. Is it driving me crazy being so far away from her? You bet, but it is making me crazier for her, not someone else. The day will come when we can be together always. I will wait, and I know she will too.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why does Extramarital affair occur very often in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code