Menu
Edison Chen -- Sex Photo Scandal
Feb 21, 2008 03:59
  • LEONARDO
Edison Chen has been the central figure of mainland Chinese and Kong Kong tabloid and national newsletters. Perhaps, it is no surprise in the West to see that celebs in show-biz have sexual scandal, but in China it does trigger sizzling controversy.

Edison Chen, also Guan Xi Chen(Koon Hei Chen), one of Hong Kong’s most celebs in Asian cinema, music and fashion industry, was reported of engaging in sexual activities with eight of the territory's top actresses and singers. The controversy was caused by the postings of explicit nude images of Edison and other female celebs involved in the affairs. “Edison Chen” and “Sex Photo Scandal” have become the central subject of gossip for people both in Hong Kong and mainland China. The argument is raging among Chinese netizens. The Beijing Municipal Public Secrity Bureau has issued a warning that “the spread of the images of the scandal is prohibited, anyone who spread more than 200 photos is committing a crime.”

I wonder if you foreigners have heard of this scandal. It is the hottest topic among average Chinese at the moment. What do you guys think about “ the Sex Photo Scandal”? Is Edison Chen a playboy?
(PS: Edison Chen has admitted the scandal. He made an apology to the public today and said that he would quit the show-biz soon).
Feb 21, 2008 04:02
  • LEONARDO
Edison Chen was born on October 7th, 1980. Raised in Vancouver and NYC he has now moved to Hong Kong and currently works in Asian Cinema, Music and Fashion.

Feb 21, 2008 04:06
  • LEONARDO
He is a good-looking guy. He took advantage of the beautiful appearance.

Feb 21, 2008 04:08
  • LEONARDO
Beauty is sometimes deceiving.

Feb 21, 2008 04:10
  • LEONARDO
Importantly, he is rich.

Feb 21, 2008 04:48
  • JABAROOTOO
Interesting News.
This was one the topic over dinner last night with friends.

Apparently he and his director was filming/photographing these liaisons without the mutual consent of the women involved, perhaps notching up a totem of 'scores' for his ego trip.

He then left them in the care of his director who apparently had them on his laptop from whence they 'fell into the wrong hands' and were publicly released.

It seems that not only his his career jeopardized but that of all the women, one of the eve of a marriage to a high flying HK entrepreneur who family has taken this scandal very seriously.

It would seem that he has fled the scene and may be in fear of his life!!!!!!!!!

This is what I have been told and wonder what other facts/rumours are out.

It may just wipe the smile off his face for a year or two or could it make him even more popular with the women?

Feb 21, 2008 07:40
  • WCTMAN
Only an idiot would lose control over these kind of pictures. Sure, take some pics, have some fun, whatever you like. But don't EVER let them out of your sight, or guess what happens. Moron.
Feb 21, 2008 10:31
  • GRIZ326
My mother used to tell me: "Never do anything that you wouldn't want on the front page of a newspaper."

I guess this boy never heard that.
Feb 21, 2008 19:25
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hey! Where are the scandalous photos??? I need to see them first before I can comment! LOL!

Oh well, I’ll just Google them, hehe… By the way, there is a first time for everything. He started it, there will be others coming after him. But I’ve got to admit, he is… ahem… cute. ^_^

Curious, how did the photos spread? Whatever happened to the Great Firewall?
Feb 21, 2008 20:15
  • JIMMYB
Hey, SHESGOTTOBE. I assume that you didn't find any sex photos since they have been removed or screened. As Leonard said, those who spread such photos might face legal punishments.

Some people commented that it might be a strategy used by the company to publicize their stars. I don't know if they were true. Sex scandals are not rare in entertainment circle.
Feb 21, 2008 20:28
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Heard many applauses.... this morning about his yesterday’s press conference…in which, like Gillian Cheng he admitted he did it, and he said he will quit the entertainment business. Others doubt his sincerity.

Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Edison Chen -- Sex Photo Scandal
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code