Menu
Web International English Schools Experience ?
Feb 22, 2008 21:30
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi all,

Has anyone worked for this organisation: Web International English ?

I am going to contact them directly, but wondered if any teachers/trainers has any experience of them or has anyone heard anything about the company ? I'm interested in working conditions etc and if they are reputable.

Looking at their website it seems above-board, but it's difficult to find anything else on the web about them.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks, LC.
Feb 25, 2008 00:01
  • ZENCHEN
http://www.webi.com.cn/
it seems it's a large school
Mar 1, 2008 23:50
GUEST13199 I worked for them in Urumqi and Guangzhou. They all use the standard contract. Never had an issue with being paid. Definatley a Chinese company but the foreign teachers were treated ok.
Mar 29, 2008 22:31
GUEST36335 What have you found out?? I am very interested!
Apr 2, 2008 20:00
  • LEMONCACTUS
Very little to be honest. There's a bit of information on Dave's ESL cafe that's made me wary, but apart from that there's not much feedback about them online.

May 25, 2008 10:23
  • ALASKABILL
I started working for WEBI in Shanghai 2003-4 in the headquarters campus in Xujiahui and helped start the WEBI Wuxi school. In 2005 I worked for another English training school, but came back to WEBI in 2006. I'm now working at the Jing'an Temple campus in Shanghai. It's a good school. If you have further questions feel free to contact me at my email address: hotmail.com|wemalaska
Jul 16, 2008 03:37
GUEST68245 Loads of my friends work for the Hefei branch, i've taught a few classes there and it looks like good school to work for. no complaints from my friends. No pay issues and the school itself has a friendly atmosphere...you want a job at the Hefei branch give me a shout at: yahoo.com|csdmanagement I know they're looking for teachers.
Aug 19, 2008 04:46
GUEST79244 I work for Web - they're a good company - quite safe and stable. I've only been here a few months, but already I'm involved in corporate training, interactive seminars, and cross-culture seminars. And sometimes I teach English.
There are also a few 'long timers' here who've also generally enjoyed the experience (well, no-one seems to have anything to complain about).
Living in the city center as i do is the only pain with the noise of incessant traffic outside!
Oct 5, 2008 02:58
GUEST25249 hey LC, my name is gary. i am currently working for web in xuzhou city. my apartment here,susidized by the shool, is large, modern, clean and nice. the working conditions are very good, the Chinese employees at the company are really supportive and the salary is higher than 90% of the colleges or universities in china. A very good income indeed in this economy. we need another full time teacher asap. get in touch with me if you have further questions. yahoo.com|garrissonbrown
Oct 5, 2008 04:51
  • LEMONCACTUS
Just thought I'd say thanks for the replies. In the end I've opted for a university in Beijing, but appreciate the information and hope others might find it useful too.

thanks, LC
Jan 13, 2009 10:10
GUEST01504 I worked for Web and it was the worst 2 months of my life!!
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Web International English Schools Experience ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code