Menu
Ten dishes that a good man should cook (1)
Mar 2, 2008 22:01
  • ICEBERG
A good man should learn to cook ten dishes introduced below:

No.1 Stewed pork ribs

How to make it:
Step 1 Quick-boil ribs in the boiling water and then take them out. When the water is boiling again, add spring scallion, ginger, soybean sauce, vinegar, cooking wine, sugar and salt.

Note:
1 Don’t add too much vinegar. Soybean sauce should be add more to ‘dye’ the ribs. Sugar and salt should be added according to your taste.
2 Stew the ribs with a cover and turn the ribs from time to time.

Mar 2, 2008 22:04
  • ICEBERG
No.2 Fried eggs

How to make it:
Step 1 beat four or five eggs and then add minced spring scallion and salt.
Step 2 Pre-heat some edible oil, add beaten eggs in and turn it over to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot. Remember not to fry it too long, otherwise the eggs will turn old.

Mar 2, 2008 22:06
  • ICEBERG
No.3 Red-cooked eggplant with pork shreds

How to make it:
Step 1 Wash three eggplants, peel the skin and cut them into shreds (each about 1 cm wide).
Step 2 Pre-heat some edible oil and fry eggplant shreds till they turn soft.
Step 3 Heat some edible oil again, quick-fry minced spring scallion and ginger, add about 100 grams pork shreds in and then quick-fry the mixture. When the pork shreds are done, add eggplant shreds and add soybean sauce, some water, chicken essence and salt immediately. Then cover the pan to simmer the mixture for three minutes.

Mar 2, 2008 22:08
  • ICEBERG
No.4 Scrambled eggs with tomatoes

How to make it:
Step 1 Cut two tomatoes into blocks and beat two eggs, pre-heat two table-spoons edible oil and fry beaten eggs. Remember to add some salt while frying eggs and don’t fry it too long.
Step 2 Pre-heat a little edible oil, add tomato blocks in and put some salt and water and then boil for two minutes. Then add fried eggs in. When boiling, add one table spoon sugar and mix them and then put them on a plate and add some MSG.

Mar 2, 2008 22:09
  • ICEBERG
No.5 Chicken Wings Braised with Coke

How to make it:
Step 1 Wash the chicken wings and put them in the pan and add some ginger slices.
Step 2 Add coke in the pan and ensure that the chicken wings are immersed in. Then add some soybean sauce in (the amount is 1/3 of coke), cover the pan and boil with big fire.
Step 3 After boiling, stew with small fire. To distinguish if it is done, use a chopstick to prod the chicken wings. If the chicken wings turn soft, that is ok.

Mar 3, 2008 03:11
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Iceberg,

How tasty are those wings with coke?
Mar 3, 2008 12:20
  • SETH
Hello ICEBERG - I always enjoy your recipes and have tried one or two! The pictures are really excellent too. But I have 2 questions about this thread:

1. why do you say they are dishes that a 'good man should learn how to cook'? -- and --
2. why did you only include 5 dishes?

:-)
Mar 3, 2008 17:41
  • GRIZ326
ICEBERG is teasing us to see if we could can count higher than 5 ;-)
Mar 3, 2008 19:20
  • ICEBERG
Danny, I can't tell how it tastes with words. You just try to make it and then you will know how it tastes.

Seth, it is a trend that men should learn to cook in China. Many girls would consider of marrying a guy who can cook delicious dishes. BTW, I haven't finished posting ten dishes. The rest five will be posted today. Please be patient.

Griz, you are humourous. As I wrote to Seth, the rest five will come as soon as possible :-)
Mar 3, 2008 19:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Mmmm…. I so love scrambled eggs with tomatoes!!! So yummy! I think I am going to fix some tomorrow night. ^_^

Now, if I can just find that "good man" to cook them. :-P
Mar 4, 2008 19:57
  • JIMMYB
I don't like scrambled eggs with tomatoes because it is sour. Iceberg, I have a question: What dishes should a good woman cook since you have posted ten dishes that a good man should cook?
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ten dishes that a good man should cook (1)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code