Menu
chinese visa's with a criminal record
Mar 5, 2008 11:07
  • KELISI
i am going to be moving to wuhan for work and i was with friends who were caught stealing so in turn i was charged with them would that stop my entry into china
Mar 17, 2008 20:01
GUESTAJ No, they don't have the capability to check.
Mar 18, 2008 15:13
  • NATHON
no,be secure,till yet there is not such a system network in chinese technolgy that work with foreign countries on such small cases to restrict them coming to china.Many persons with criminal back ground may have entered this mainland .Do not worry.
Mar 19, 2008 03:52
  • APAULT
I agree. And if u declare this on the application form as you are supposed to, you would probably still be admitted. Persoanlly I would shut up...that fits well with the way things work in China. If you ask questions about doing something you may be told 'no', but if you just go ahead, no-one has specifically been given a responsibility of preventing you doing whatever it is, so no-one will stop you!
Mar 19, 2008 16:03
  • JOHNFONTANA
No. I disagree. Whatever you do is and will be on the record, here or there. We don't know if and how well the systems are connected between China and your country today, but it will some day if not yet. When you tell them the truth, you have nothing to worry, because you are telling them the truth, and they will treat you as an honest man. I don't see why they will deny you the visa because of your petty theft record. The visa (section 3.6) form clearly says "you do not lose eligibility". I think your honesty will actually help you get the visa.
Mar 19, 2008 21:01
GUEST63407 no,i disagree.Chinese people are some what different from other people.If they say no once diffcult to convience,no there is not that great net work or internet connections for that,trust me many people who have bad records come to this huge land as teachers or workers,so do not worry,small theft case,no problem,better do not mention
Jun 28, 2008 11:06
  • AUTONOMY54
If you say "yes" why would they let you in?
Jul 7, 2008 09:42
GUESTGUEST78 What did you end up doing? How did it go?
Curious to know! Am in a similar situation...
Jul 10, 2009 13:50
GUEST44226 My old American passport expired and I received the new passport last month. But I lost the old passport with all the Chinese visa records. Since the new passport has no any Chinese visa records yet I have trouble to get a visa this year. Any one experienced similar situation as my? I will really appreciate any suggestions or advice?
Thanks
Jul 15, 2009 23:37
  • APAULT
Interesting: you should not have to present an old passport unless you are dependant on a visa in it. I have just received a new passport and expect to apply for a new Chinese visa in about a week. I will not offer my old passport which has filled with Chinese visas in 3 years, and see what happens. I'll report back in a couple of weeks :)
Oct 18, 2011 08:32
GUEST47578 will i get visa witg shoplifting records
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: chinese visa's with a criminal record
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code