Apr 10, 2008 19:21
  • CANADAGUY
Pic 3.

Apr 10, 2008 19:22
  • CANADAGUY
Pic. 4, the most recent...

Apr 10, 2008 19:24
  • CANADAGUY
Don't forget to click on the pictures to see them up close!
Apr 10, 2008 20:21
GUEST8271 Hey, CANADAGUY. Nice photos. When I was young, the swallows often came to my house and settled down here. They even had their children in the nest under the roof of my house. Some people didn't welcome the swallows to settle down at their homes. Those swallows usually dropped their waste on the ground. This made them annoying. However, some oldmen told us that we shouldn't beat, kill or drive the swallows away because they would take revenge by bringing snakes to your home.

Luckily, I still can see sparrows or swallows around my house because my grandfather planted several trees around our house and they have grown tall.
Apr 10, 2008 20:51
  • CANADAGUY
That's a nice story Guest about the swallows. Yes, sometimes birds can be a nuisance, but so far I've had luck with them at my house.

It's my neighbour though who should be credited with attracting many of the different species of birds to our backyards. He attached a bird-feeder to one of his trees and that's been responsible for the variety of birdlife around our homes.

He also feeds the squirrels too and they come to my yard a lot of the time to bury their peanuts. :)

Apr 13, 2008 22:00
  • KEVIN0518
CANADAGUY, you and the wild animals have a very friendly relationship. This reminds me of a thread in Observer. If I remember it correctly, it was posted by Jimmyb. He posted some interesting pictures. In those pictures, some guys pick up the peanuts or wallnuts hidden by the squirrels.Haven't they thought about the squirrels? They have been busy for very long to store their food for winter. But their food was stolen by humans. Those guys are really immoral. BTW, your story about swallows are very interesting, Guest.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where did all the birds go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code