Menu
Lingerie made from wood
Mar 7, 2008 01:49
  • ICEBLUE
"Eco-friendly" is a popular term in recent years. To be eco-friendly is not a big deal. You can start to be eco-friendly from the clothes you wear everyday.

A French fashion designer Sophie Young created an entire range of eco-underwear - made from wood after her child suffered an allergic reaction to dye in clothing.

The knickers and bras are made from branches of white pine trees, but they are as soft as silk.

Fibres are extracted from the tree branches before being spun into a fabric which is then used to make the eco-underwear.
So would you like to have a try?

Eco-friendly and non-toxic dyes are used to color the underwear

Mar 7, 2008 02:24
  • DODGER
Sorry, too many splinter for me....
Dodger.
Mar 8, 2008 21:29
  • SUNNYDREAM
Good news! Fashion designers begin to be eco-conscious. How much it will cost? It must be very expensive. I hope it can be popularized as soon as possible.
Mar 9, 2008 03:41
Sorry, too many splinter for me....
Dodger.

I think you going against the grain there Dodger, he he
Alan
Mar 9, 2008 19:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Aren't underwear and lingerie mostly made of cotton and silk? Meaning they are already eco-friendly in the first place.
Mar 9, 2008 19:34
  • JCNILE123
(((Aren't underwear and lingerie mostly made of cotton and silk? )))

No! mainly polyester.
Mar 9, 2008 21:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Hah! Maybe it is just me. Almost all of my stuff says 100% cotton. :-P
Mar 10, 2008 21:52
  • SUNNYDREAM
"Almost all of my stuff says 100% cotton. :-P "

Shesgottobe, it is impossible for you to have clothes of 100% cotton. It is only a marketing strategy. Businesses hawk their stuffs by boasting that their stuffs are 100% cotton. Additionally, 100% cotton clothes are very easy to be worn out.
Mar 10, 2008 22:02
  • RITA
Wood or cotton, what's the difference?? TO me lingerie or any kind of clothes made of wood isn't so Eco-friendly as using cotton. You need to destroy woods, right? How could you see that was "eco-friendly"?
Mar 11, 2008 10:28
  • JCNILE123
Because of the cost to produce it, wood lingerie it is not more friendlily to the environment, and too expensive for the average citizen of the world, so, cotton and wood are not too good as petroleum based products, because of the cost.
PETROLEUM BASE products like nylon or any polymer synthetic family products are the less expensive and durable products you can enjoy wearing, and because of the more than double life expectancy of the garment petroleum based lingerie is more eco-friendly.

Many are very beautiful as lingerie!

Just be aware of fire!
Mar 11, 2008 10:45
  • JCNILE123
Shesgottobe, I say you are correct about cotton, if it comes to comfort rather than look.
Cotton by in large are better.
Especially good pure cotton it is very comfortable!

Personally, I must have my work shirts to be 100 % cotton, I prefer Egyptian cotton, I think it is the most enjoyable pleasure in shirts if you can differentiate the softness, looks and beauty of high quality cotton,

As I said before Egyptian cotton is the best cotton, you can wear.

When it comes to lingerie, I think cotton lingerie is very comfortable but not too beautiful.

Silk? I do not like silk!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Lingerie made from wood
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code