Menu
A person tells 88,000 lies on average during a lifetime
Mar 10, 2008 04:02
  • BBQQ
A British survey reveals that every man averages 88,000 lies in a lifetime. The survey was carried out among 2,500 people by WKD Vodka. The most frequent lie is: “Don’t worry! I am fine!”

The survey assume that a person lives an average age of 60. Everyday, every person lies fout times on average. Based on the initial assumption, all of us tell 1,460 lies annually.

The survey also suggests that men tell more lies than women. Men tell 5 lies everyday, while women tell 3 lies everyday averagely. Men’s popular/hot lies include: “No, the pants won’t make your hip look big.”( Says to the wife or GF). “ I love you” Men frequently speak these words despite that they have lost interests in their partners. Fortunately, most of the lies are white lies. 29% male surveyed admits that they have ever lied to their wives that they never flirted with other women.
Do you believe this survey?
Mar 10, 2008 04:59
Thats about 87,999 to go then in my case, whoops there goes another one, he he
Alan
Mar 10, 2008 09:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Gee Alan you are a saint.................

The survey is probably quite close to the facts given the criteria it is using
Mar 10, 2008 14:35
  • GRIZ326
>>>"No, the pants won’t make your hip look big.”

That's not a lie BBQQ, that's survival. ;-)
Mar 10, 2008 20:29
  • LEOPOLD219
"29% male surveyed admits that they have ever lied to their wives that they never flirted with other women. "

No man never flirted with other women! Women also tell lies especially when they wanted to buy clothes and shoes. They lied to their husbands about the the budget of family income.
Mar 13, 2008 11:39
Gee Alan you are a saint.................

The survey is probably quite close to the facts given the criteria it is using
No Jabarootoo, I was telling porkies, although my surname is Gregory and there was a St Gregory!
I don't think I have told too many lies, certaintly not 88,000
Alan
Mar 16, 2008 05:04
  • APAULT
I remember being very confused as a child when asked if I liked my mother's dress or something like that, or a meal she had cooked. I replied honestly as I had been taught to do and then got into so much trouble!

So are these 'white lies' really lies? Certainly they are as Griz says, 'survival'. She says "Do you love me?" Come on there is only one possible answer! (Dumb question really).

Mar 17, 2008 04:54
  • JOHNNY512
'So are these 'white lies' really lies? Certainly they are as Griz says, 'survival'. She says "Do you love me?" Come on there is only one possible answer! '

It comes to the question that should we lie to our beloved. As we all know that people, especially girls prefer to choose to listen a beautiful but false words rather than facing the crul but real truth.
it seems that girls often force their men to say something false,which could be called lie or cheating in.
Post a Reply to: A person tells 88,000 lies on average during a lifetime
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code