Menu
Make me clear,its a headache for me
Mar 18, 2008 14:41
  • NATHON
I was a student of china two years back ,but i quit my study for some personal reason without informing college .After a month or so my visa will finish.I want to stay in china after this visa expires too.What shall i do to get a new visa of china?Shall i have to leave china mainland?Where to cancel my x visa?Can they send me back home for the reason that i quit my study in between?Can i do my internship in some companies here so that they can change my visa into internship visa even though i left college without any information.I have been sleepless for many nights thinking about this,how can i stay in mainland?I have my girlfriend here whom i want to marry,will that work?Or can her family adopt me as a member and what are procedures for that?You may laugh but its real headache for me holding naughty student visa and getting all those problems in my head.Hope some one has got better head here.
Mar 18, 2008 22:30
  • JERRYBAILEY
Hi Nathon, Which country are you from? Overstaying your visa in China for any reason is not wise. If you dropped out of school without informing them, go back to the school and try to work it out. If nothing can be settled, go back home and petition fro your girlfriend to come there and then marry her, then you both can return to China on an L visa as a married couple. A prospective employer has to change it to a Z visa to work in China, but they will give you annual extensions if you are married to a Chinese national.
Mar 19, 2008 03:48
  • APAULT
In all probability, the college has done nothing to cancel your visa. You could ask them but that 'open a can of worms'. If you leave the country you should find out as they would raise the isssue with you! Then you can apply again with your past probably not affecting you.

If you can get an internship with an organisation that will arrange your visa that would be best. If you can get this mostly arranged before you go, it should be much easier. You need not go home as you can apply from any country - but the sponsor must identify the country the forms will be taken to. Otherwise you might try to get a job teaching if you are a first language speaker of English, and get a Z visa which will be commuted into a residence permit while you work there. Or you might get an F visa...a grey area in some senses. If you don't have a sponsor agencies advertise that they can help you with this or other visa but of course there are fees.

I am not sure from talking with people I have known, that you will benefit from marrying overseas rather than in China, though you will find the paperwork easier. But if you are married you can normally get annual 'extensions' to your visa, of whatever type you are eligible for.

There is no such thing as an extension to a visa or changing a visa type, though these phrases are often used colloqially. You always apply for new visa, it always cancells any existing visa..

Disclaimer: I am not a professional and my comments are based on personal experience, talking to people in various situations, and reading the Chinese regulations (in English)

Mar 19, 2008 05:45
GUEST58219 how can i contact you man,i think i need some counsolation on this,if you have some experience or possible contacts or even costumers that will be great.Thank you.
Mar 20, 2008 01:11
GUEST20976 One internship company say they can manage without leaving the mainland,so is it right?How can i extend my visa without leaving mainland?or they are telling false.
Mar 20, 2008 06:44
  • APAULT
Whew I trawled TCG for ages to find this. So there are two possibilities. I have no experience of applying for student (X) visas, but I previously had a business (F) visa. It was issued without leaving the mainland. So it appears the company is not telling porkies (lies).

F Visa: Issued to an applicant who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.

X Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China for the purpose of study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period over six months.
Mar 20, 2008 07:52
GUEST82233 Thanks man,its nothing like commercial or am doing advertisement,can you handle this job for me.Its about helping people as well dear the things you know better than me.
Jul 14, 2008 12:38
GUEST18250 hi i got some problem i went to china and they deported me for no reason from port of entry on 14-6-08 and i came back to india and asked the embassy here they said no problem with my visa they said may be of olympics so can i use this visa again and go to china will they allow me to enter its valid till 4 dec 08
Jul 15, 2008 04:45
  • BARONTWANGLE
I doubt they deported you "for no reason". Are you sure you weren't wearing your " *** " t-shirt?!
Jul 17, 2008 10:03
GUEST56232 Hi...can anybody help me? I will be sent by my french company to work in china for a long term period. I am french, my wife and her kid (which are malaysian) will be with me in China. I understand that i will need a Z visa, but i heard that it's better to go there with a tourist visa, then change it to Z visa once we are there. Is that true? Since we are in france now, can we do all visas from here? And what kind of visa do my wife and her kid need? Thank you ...
Jul 19, 2008 21:09
  • BARONTWANGLE
Your company need to arrange all the visas for you. All you should do is provide photos and signature. Your wife and her child should get L-visa's for the purpose of visiting family, which should last the duration of your contract.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Make me clear,its a headache for me
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code