Menu
Impossible is nothing???
Mar 20, 2008 03:55
guestdavid What does "Impossible is nothing" mean in Chinese? This is the famous AD words for Adidas. I just want to know its equivalent in Chinese. BTW, I searched out "Anything is possible" on the internet, which is the AD words for Li Ning. Do these two sentences have the same meaning in Chinese?
Mar 21, 2008 16:09
  • CLAUDIUS
In Chinese, the correct syntex should be "nothing is impossible". I think the obvious stress on "impossible" (as the first word and preference on indirect and negative connoctation) points out the attitudinal difference rather than the literal difference from "Anything is possible". In that context, the two AD are very different.
Mar 24, 2008 00:16
GUEST12286 I thind it means ---everything is possible-
Mar 24, 2008 01:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Funny you should be asking this as my friend and I were also just commenting on it's meaning after seeing it on a subway platform.

'Nothing is Impossible' is the logo for the famous international brand name Adidas.

What better way to draw attention to a lesser known product than to use the "same" logo, albeit here in Chinglish.

Mar 24, 2008 22:32
  • BBQQ
Jabarootoo, I saw the ads in TV. It is "Impossible is nothing" not "Nothing is impossible". I don't know which is correct. My teacher told me that "Nothing is impossible" was correct. However, the ads in TV shows "Impossible is nothing". Now I am puzzled.

Jabarootoo, do you mean that "Anything is possible" is not idiomatic English?
Mar 25, 2008 08:17
  • FAIRME
"Impossible is nothing" or "Nothing is impossible" they are telling the same meaning, just like in english we say "Fair enough" while in chinese we say "Enough fair", it is just a word order.

"Anything is possible" is taking the above phrase in a positive saying, they could deliver some difference or feeling though they tell the same.
Mar 25, 2008 09:30
  • JABAROOTOO
In English we do not use "Impossible is nothing"

As I have said, but this is just my opinion..............

It is more likely to be one company trying to ride the wave of success and brand recognition of another much better know one with the subtle use of a very similar slogan
Mar 25, 2008 22:04
  • BBQQ
Thanks, Jabarootoo. I guess that the company just want to make its advertisement different from others. Here is my translation for "Impossible is Nothing"-----一切皆有可能。
Jan 21, 2009 01:22
GUEST19292 "impossible is nothing " you can do everything it means.........................
Jan 22, 2009 21:41
一切皆有可能
没有不可能
Jan 22, 2009 21:48
They have the same meaning
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Impossible is nothing???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code