Menu
Push-up bra hailed as 'greatest fashion invention ever'
Mar 25, 2008 02:48
  • LEONARDO
When you were asked what the greatest invention is in the past 20th century, what would occur to your mind? Computer? Refrigerator? I can imagine how varied the answer would be? One of my friends said that Refrigerator is the great invention in the 20th century, because the invention freed women from the tiresome washing. I think it is a great idea.

Well, for women, what would be the greatest fashion invention? The answer may astonish you. A poll of 3,000 women suggests it is push-up bra. "With its magical ability to make mountains out of molehills, it is the secret weapon in many women's lingerie drawer."( a quote from other agencies) No wonder it has been voted as" the greatest fashion invention ever".

Boot-cut jeans, which was in vogue in the 1990s, ranked the second place among the Greatest Fashion Inventions List.
Other fashion items in Top 20 greatest fashion invention are as follow: (Do you agree?)

Mar 25, 2008 02:59
  • LEONARDO
Push up bra sales were boosted by Eva Herzigova's Wonderbra ad. It is said that wonderbra was invented in 1960s in Canada. Nevertheless, it was not until the early 1990s, when it was marketed with a picture of Eva Herzigova and the words "Hello Boys", that the push-up bra sales start to skyrockett.

Mar 25, 2008 03:04
  • LEONARDO
Audrey Hepburn wore the little black dress, Twiggy dressed in mini skirt, Sarah Jessica Parker in stilettos and Bridget Jones known for her pull-in pants

Mar 25, 2008 16:05
  • GRIZ326
Well...I don't know about #1....but they sure can make an old gal look perky again.
Mar 25, 2008 20:54
  • YVONNE
I am not amazed at the result of the poll. Push-up bra is a secret weapon in the wardrobe for women around the globe. It makes women extremely sexy. The fashion items are excellent stuff and there is no shame in falsifying body beautiful.
Mar 25, 2008 21:18
  • GARYKINKADE
I think it would be a" washing machine" that would free the tiresome women from washing.

NO doubt, using the bra would lift a woman's morale.
Mar 25, 2008 21:46
  • DODGER
Surly.
If the push up bra was worn at the Olympics it would be deemed to be cheating.
How many Blokes have felt deceived once the package had been unwrapped to find less than they had hoped for.
Dodger.
Mar 26, 2008 19:51
  • GARYKINKADE
Dodger....It appears that no males on this web are willing to admit that they have been deceived.
Mar 26, 2008 22:49
  • SUNNYDREAM
He he!You guys are too funny! Dare you complain about it in front of your gals?

To the topic, I feel surprised to see it in the top spot because it was just underwear hiding behind the outer coats. I thought it would be wedding gown or mini-skirt. It is good to see boot cut jeans and pull-in pants listed in the top 5. Pull-in pants help to hide a wobbly belly.
Mar 27, 2008 22:00
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"To the topic, I feel surprised to see it in the top spot..."

What surprised me is that Leonardo would start a topic about push-up bra. LOL!

Just kidding Leonardo!
Mar 27, 2008 23:03
  • LEONARDO
Quote:
>>What surprised me is that Leonardo would start a topic about push-up bra. LOL!
Just kidding Leonardo! <<

Ha ha! ^ _^ Never Mind! I have a variety of interest. I like both classics and trendy stuffs.

I have a silly question for you: What do "Hipster Jeans" and "Chicken Fillets" exactly look like? I might have seen the stuffs, but you know, English is not my native language. In regards to the fashion stuff, I don't know what the fashion items are exactly named in English. If you could post a pic about the ""Hipster Jeans" and "Chicken Fillets", it will be great for me. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Push-up bra hailed as 'greatest fashion invention ever'
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code