Menu
Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Apr 10, 2009 10:55
  • KATTRUAX
Hi Jimmy B, I know it was quite a while ago but can you remember where you got your information from??

Thanks.
Apr 10, 2009 20:46
  • JIMMYB
Kattruax. I collected the info from the internet. It was collected and shared by some warm-hearted netizens.
Apr 17, 2009 14:07
  • TRAVEL1000
Quote:

Originally Posted by CANADAGUY View Post

>>Can you tell me what country we can visit that is closest to the USA. I too have major problem with the jet lag.

Guest19954, the closest country to the USA that doesn't require a visa for the Chinese is Cuba.

If you are from the U.S. however, you would have to get to Cuba via Canada or Mexico etc. because you can't fly ...

Chinese goverment will not allow her/him to exit china without foreign visa though cuba do not require visa.
the only country chinese is allow to exit country without visa is Indonisia because indonisa govenment give chinese visa on arrival after counsultation with Chinese government. Any country's visa free or visa on ariival for chinese will not recognized by chinese border agency if the measure is not aproved by chinese government. For example, Thailand and combodia give chinese visa on arrival at the airport, but chinese boder will not allow chinese exit without visa to this counties.
Apr 17, 2009 19:36
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAVEL1000 View Post

Chinese goverment will not allow her/him to exit china without foreign visa though cuba do not require visa.
the only country chinese is allow to exit country without visa is Indonisia because indonisa govenment give chinese visa on arrival after counsultation with Chinese government. Any country's visa free or visa on ariival for chinese...

Yes it's true that China requires that a 'foreign visa' be obtained first before a Chinese native can travel to Cuba.

However, because Cuba's 'tourist visa' is not a regular visa, but simply a piece of paper, it is a simple a matter of paying a small fee to the Cuban consulate in China to obtain this 'visa'.

I know this from personal experience.
May 17, 2009 13:12
GUEST49251 my wife has a chinese passport but us green card and was told she didn't need visa to travel in europe is this true??
May 20, 2009 08:26
  • APAULT
Guest49521...you are in the wrong site...this is only for visting China.
Jun 24, 2009 13:21
GUEST80231 for main stream tourists, yes, but the list goes far beyond this.
a more complete list for chinese citizens (following countries need no visas):
Chile, Aruba,Korea, Malta, Egypt, Russia (if only touristic), Andorra (the country between France and Spain), Republic of Mauritius, Benin, Republic of Mauritius, Syria, Sri Lanka...
Jun 25, 2009 20:05
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST80231

for main stream tourists, yes, but the list goes far beyond this.
a more complete list for chinese citizens (following countries need no visas):
Chile, Aruba,Korea, Malta, Egypt, Russia (if only touristic), Andorra (the country between France and Spain), Republic of Mauritius, Benin, Republic of Mauritius, Syria, Sri Lanka...

Of course the list changes on a month-by-month basis but the truth is that the list is extremely small. You haven't really expanded much on the list and you have repeated Mauritius.

As far as Andorra is concerned, as I pointed out, it's a Catch-22 situation.

Unless you have a private airplane or helicopter that can drop you out of the sky directly into Andorra (how many Chinese have this?) you can't enter the country.

The reason is that there are no international airport services in Andorra. So yes they will allow you to visit the country, but you realistically have no way of getting there.

You can't enter via France or Spain because you'd need a transit visa and you wouldn't be able to get one.

Jul 27, 2009 14:11
GUEST26095 Your wife needs a Schengen visa which allows her to visit Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
Your wife does not need a visa for visiting Canada, Mexico and many Caribbean countries. Also with an ongoing plane ticket, she could get a landing visa of not exceeding 72 hours in Japan (as well as in South Korea--check for details).
Aug 21, 2009 10:18
GUEST95678 I am a Canadian citizen and have Chinese wife here with me in Canada, but she only has a PR card. We tried to get Italian tourist visa for several days travel throughout Europe, but they did not even accept our application. The Schengen visa requires that you provide detailed itinerary and make reservation in hotels for each day of stay, plus present a fully paid return ticket. We only made reservations for the first and last day in Rome and prepaid booking for the flight since we were not sure if she would get the visa. Our goal was to rent a car and travel to Northern Italy, Southern France and Spain for about 10 days only. That appeared to be unacceptable to them and they completely refused my Chinese wife to even apply. They told her to wait until she gets Canadian citizenship. We are running our own business and additional requirements they had were: Business Tax return, Business bank statement ( mine and her ), business registration documents, private bank account statements and many more. All this despite the fact that we have credit cards with about $25,000 limit. Is this not discrimination against Chinese ??? I consider it discrimination against Canadian citizens as well ! I think that China should impose similar limits on visas for visitors from the Western countries. That would change their attitude for sure. Unfortunately, Chinese don't want to upset the business relations I suppose and so they make their own Chinese people suffer. In addition, we don't want my wife to become Canadian citizen because she would then lose her Chinese and that is not acceptable. As a matter of fact she also hes her kid, from the previous marriage, study in China and he even cannot get a Canadian tourist visa to see us here for 2 weeks for the summer vacation.
Page 5 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code