Menu
Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Aug 23, 2009 03:05
  • APAULT
It is indeed discrimination: the sort that I exprect my government to apply and it seems that is what Italy is doing. The reality is that some countries areb experiencing problems with certain other nationals (such as ahigh incidence of overstaying). We might argue that where married to an acceptable foreigner that the rules could be relaxed, but that is a question of detail compared with the major issue of principle.

I suggest trying another Eropean country, but I dfon't know how much the members have synchronised their rules.

Also, China does have similar rules, ask Pakistani citizens for example. Let's just look forward to the day when we all have freedom of travel.
Aug 28, 2009 03:51
GUEST83156 They are highly "synchronized". It was the purpose of the whole Schengen agreement. The entire matter is clearly political, not economic. The Italian consulate here has a total of about 5 to 10 visa applications per each of the 4 days a week at the most, and out of that there may be perhaps one Chinese per day or fewer. And this is in the largest city in Canada.
But, I would primarily blame the Chinese Government as they do not care about their citizens whatsoever, almost as much as the Canadian government about theirs anyway. I talked to my local MPs about this and I could not sense a hint of interest or at least sympathy. whatsoever. But, I suppose, this is normal and expected.
I remember, in the 80's, when the East European countries were not easy to allow to unite the families of people who immigrated to the West, all Western countries were screaming about the "human rights" abuse all over the papers, radio and TV. It seems that this standard does not apply anymore, does it ?
Historically, I would not be optimistic about any "freedom of travel" or "freedom" of anything. The key has always been "Power and Money" and nothing is about to change that, I am sure. I suppose I am just poorer than I thought, and what's worse, I am not a "power hungry" person either. I will have to rethink the motto " money and power does not bring happiness "...hmmm.... perhaps it does ?...
Oct 25, 2009 02:34
GUEST52299 i have chinese resident but l'm not chinese am from cameroon.so which country is free for me to go with chinese visa free
Dec 13, 2009 15:44
GUEST64206 You can go to either Jamaica or Dominican Republic. You will need a Visa but you can get it on arrival for $15. USD
Jan 16, 2010 18:48
GUESTBART VL The countries that I know of so far that don't require a visa for Chinese citizen are: The Seychelles, Maldives, Turks & Caicos Islands, Cuba, Thailand. Ofcourse that is if you leave from an airport outside China you don't need a visa. If leaving from China you will need a visa, without it the Chinese Customs won't let you leave.
Apr 1, 2010 22:57
GUESTPEI GUY I was just reading this thread since I was looking for info on visa requirements for a class with my Chinese students. Aruba is on the list and a beautiful spot. But your total costs will be much larger than your costs of traveling to China from Canada. But what a beautiful environment for meeting someone. It would be unforgetable.
Apr 24, 2010 22:36
  • VETTE
I am from England, and have been in China for almost a year, with my Chinese girlfriend.
Our dealings are with the Beijing embassies.
We are now in the process of getting her a UK visa.
Not easy, but also not impossible.
The biggest stumble block seems to be that she needs about 60,000rmb in her bank account, and needs to show bank history going back 6 months.
The history is no problem, and I will put the 60,000 rnb in her account.
When I emailed the UK embassy in respect of the 60,000 rnb, as I was originally lead to believe, the 60,000 would be locked in a deposit account, and as such 'untouchable'.
The email reply from the UK embassy, was very quick and to the point.
I only need put the money into her account and get a ballance statement.
Then submit this with all the other documentation.
If and when the visa is issued, we can withdraw all the 60,000 rnb, and take it with us to England to spend as we see fit.

When (hoping) we get her UK visa, we plan the same procedure for a Shengen visa.
Almost exactly the same, except, she must have health insurance document also.

There is one thing I would like to ask though.
When she applies for her UK tourist visa, how long are they normally valid for?

'vette
Jun 25, 2010 08:30
GUEST46100 vette - she normally gets a 6 months visa.
Sep 4, 2010 09:47
GUESTINGA Do estonians allright with tourist card to spend 2 weeks holiday in cuba
Dec 13, 2010 01:53
  • HOIANVIETNAM
f you need a visa or not depends on the passport you are traveling under. If you are from the right countries you can enter Hong Kong with just a stamp in your passport. There will be immigration desks right at the airport to stamp you in if you qualify for free entry. The whole process doesn't take that much time.
Page 6 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Countries not requiring a visa for Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code