Menu
Sifang Train Station - how far from downtown Qingdao?
Apr 1, 2008 11:08
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
I'm planning to take the bullet train from Beijing to Qingdao, but heard that the main train station is closed. I understand that travelers need to use the Sifang Train Station.

Does anyone know how hard or easy it is to travel from Sifang Train Station to downtown Qingdao (i.e. Shinan District)? What is the best way to travel between both locations?

Thanks much and happy traveling!!!
Apr 1, 2008 12:06
  • ELLYSE
I think there're buses, not too difficult to manage.
Apr 1, 2008 20:48
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Thanks, ELLYSE. Really appreciate the quick response.

Do you know how long the bus will take? Can I take a taxi? A friend mentioned that this might be a far-flung area of Qingdao where there are no taxis.

Thanks again!
Apr 1, 2008 21:21
  • ELLYSE
Haha! Anywhere there's a train station, there WILL be taxis.
Apr 1, 2008 21:38
  • LEONARDO
Hi MUDDIEDK,

There are buses for the locals to commute from Sifang Train Station to the downtown areas. It takes about 30 minutes. I visited Qingdao in April 2007 , at that time the main train station was closed for maintenance (for the sake of the Olympic Games this summer). Hasn't it been open to the public right now?

I am not sure where Shinan District exactly is. It took me about 30 minutes to travel from Sifang Train Station(四方火车站) to Hong Kong Middle Road ( 香港中路)(near the Seashore Scenic Areas).
Apr 1, 2008 21:50
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Thanks, Leonardo and Ellyse.

[I visited Qingdao in April 2007 , at that time the main train station was closed for maintenance (for the sake of the Olympic Games this summer). Hasn't it been open to the public right now?]

Yes, they will be closed until June 2008--thanks to the Olympics! But I'm sure everyone will appreciate the new amenities the preparations will bring. In Beijing, we're all sick and tired of the construction work, but changes like the new subway lines and stricter anti-pollution measures should make everyone happy long-term.

BTW, Shinan district, I believe, is the downtown area and is where the HK Middle Road and the Seashore Scenic Areas are located.

Thanks, both, for the help. I guess I will do the bus as a first option, but if I'm too tired and worried about hopping on the wrong bus, I'll go for the taxi ride.
Apr 1, 2008 22:03
  • LEONARDO
>>But I'm sure everyone will appreciate the new amenities the preparations will bring. In Beijing, we're all sick and tired of the construction work, but changes like the new subway lines and stricter anti-pollution measures should make everyone happy long-term.<<

Yea, the whole China is concentrating on the preparation for the upcoming Olympic Games. Everthing the government is doing is to assure a safe Olympic Games. Xi'an International Airport is strenghthening the Security Check. News report said that women who wore very thick shoes are required to take off their shoes to be scrutinized.

Apr 2, 2008 10:41
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Thanks for sharing this one... funny how the guard had to help the girl take off or put on her shoes. =P
Apr 8, 2008 09:45
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
I just got back from Qingdao. We took the CRH from Beijing and got there at around 10PM. I guess it was a little late, so there were no buses. The taxi ride cost only around RMB25 to our hotel near Zhanqiao pier; however, we had to wait in line for around 30 minutes. Perhaps, because it was a little late, there were quite a few taxis.

I'm sharing a pic of the Zhanqiao pier, a couple, and some trash. =)

Post a Reply to: Sifang Train Station - how far from downtown Qingdao?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code