Menu
Air travel economy class???
Apr 2, 2008 08:25
  • MALO2000
I'll be in China for 10 days of sight seeing.
The trip begins in Bejing.
I was thinking of booking a flight from
Beijing to Shanghai, spend a few days in Shanghai
Shanghai to Haikou, spend a few days.
Haikou to Hong Kong.
Trip ends (bhoo).

After researching flights, the cost adds up!!!!!
There are alway several different Economy Classes on the different airlines,
at different prices.

What is the difference between Economy class B, H, K, L, M N, Q, T????

The airlines I looked at were China Eastern, Haikou Air, Dragon Air.
Thanks!
Apr 2, 2008 11:46
  • APAULT
They are all variants on economy class mostly based on when u book and cancellation conditions.

Yes the airfares will add up, and so will the travel time. What about leaving something out? I like Haikou but what about a trip from HK to Macau instead?
Apr 2, 2008 12:01
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
If you don't want to worry about these classes and just want to get the cheapest flights to your destinations, I recommend you use the following English versions of popular Chinese travel booking sites:

http://english.ctrip.com/
http://www.elong.net/

You may find issues booking flights from abroad (I always choose to have them delivered or to pick them up) or with a foreign credit card, but give it a try. You will find the lowest prices for flights within China in both these sites.

BTW, I'm not sure how much flights from Haikou to Hong Kong cost, but flights to HK from mainland China are usually expensive. I suggest you stop by Guangzhou, Shenzhen, or Macau, enjoy one of these cities, and then take a cheap bus, train, or ferry to HK. Enjoy!!!
Apr 2, 2008 12:54
  • ELLYSE
Why are you not considering the train option, if you're keen to save money?
Beijing -- overnight train -- Shanghai -- budget flight on Spring Airlines -- Haikou -- overnight train -- Guangzhou -- train/bus -- Hong Kong.
Apr 3, 2008 01:00
  • BARONTWANGLE
Ellyse is right (as usual!). Trains will save you lots of money. Travel hard bed class (don't worry, they are not really hard!), and not only will it be half the price of the air fare, but will also save you the cost of a night in a hotel each time! If you travel by plane, then you will usually lose most of the day going to the airport/waiting at the airport/flying/waiting for baggae/getting from the airport. Go by train, and you will leave in the evening and arrive the next morning, leaving both days either side free for seeing more. Chinese trains are great, and certainly the best way to travel.
Apr 7, 2008 13:10
  • MALO2000
I'll be taking a bicycle with me in a travel case. I think it would be easier to check it on an air line that carry it on a train.
Apr 7, 2008 19:31
  • ELLYSE
No, you're not correct IMHO. For luggage on the trains, anything goes as long as you can carry it. For planes, they might charge you for extra baggage.
Apr 9, 2008 01:30
  • BARONTWANGLE
Flying with a bike is a nightmare. Traveling on train with a bike is a pleasure. Sort it out!
Apr 10, 2008 10:55
try luxurylink.com and read some travel experiences at traveltips101.ning.com.
Post a Reply to: Air travel economy class???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code