Menu
Where do you want to rest after death?
Apr 5, 2008 02:28
  • BBQQ
The news says that a company in US offers a kind of special funeral to people. As long as you pay a certain amount of money (about 10000 dollars), you or your relatives's ashes will be sent to the moon and rest there forever. The insider says that this programme will be launched in 2009. Actually, the space funeral has begun long time ago. Originally, only the space experts or celebrities had this privilege. Latter, it has been introduced to the public. According to the statistics, about 150 poeple's bone ashes have been sent to the space from 1997 to 2004.

It seems that the space has become very poplular. My friends, have you ever thought about the problem before? What kind of funeral do you expect? Where do you want to rest after death? Would you like to have a space funeral?
Apr 5, 2008 02:30
  • BBQQ
Photo source: Xinhua/ Reuters.

No.1 The spacecraft to load the dead's ashes.

Apr 5, 2008 02:32
  • BBQQ
The metal utensils to fill the ashes.

Apr 5, 2008 02:33
  • BBQQ
One more.

Apr 5, 2008 09:17
  • GARYKINKADE
I could think of better ways to spend $10,000, however the average funeral cost in US is now appx. $7,500
Just cremate me and scatter my asses along Interstate 35.
Apr 5, 2008 15:26
  • GRIZ326
I'm with Gary...but I want my ashes scattered from a mountain top.
Apr 5, 2008 20:51
  • JIMMYB
Griz, don't you think that the ashes might pollute the air? Just kidding! Don't take it seriously. Seriously, these crematories usually are built in the surburbs of the cities. I wonder if they consider the pollution problem before construction. For me, I prefer to bury my ashes under a tree in the orchard. Maybe, it can be used as the manure. Hehe.
Apr 6, 2008 18:03
  • SIDERNEY99
I want my dog and myself to be cremated and to be put together in a really gaudy urn! Then I want to be put on top of the TV so we can keep an eye on things! Then we wanted to be handed down to my nephews for safe keeping as part of the conditions of the will so they get their inheritance!!!! Ha ha ha! Really I don't care that much - maybe scattered at sea but definitely not on the moon!
Apr 6, 2008 19:51
  • BBQQ
Four people answered and all agreed to be cremated but not "rest" on the moon. In China, people will bury the dead's ashes in the earth though their bodies have been cremated. They believe that the dead can rest in peace in the earth. This might be the reason why the cemetery plot prices are higher than apartment.
Apr 6, 2008 20:37
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I would like to be cremated. That way, I won’t be occupying anymore space when I’m dead. I’m willing to be a fertilizer but not to be eaten by worms. Why would anyone wants his/her ashes on the space or on the moon? What will that accomplish? Even in death, people still want to satisfy their ego, eh?
Apr 6, 2008 21:16
  • JCNILE123
After cremation, any water stream is ok.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Where do you want to rest after death?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code