Menu
Best restaurant you have been in China
Apr 9, 2008 12:02
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
OK guys... here is my favorite:

Keziguli Xinjiang Restaurant in Wangfu Da Jie in Nanjing
- Yangrou chuan (lamb sticks)
- Heipi (dark beer)
- Da pan ji (big pan chicken usually served with shaved noodles)
- All kinds of mutton dishes
- Spicy and vinegary cold bean noodles
- Yuxiang qieza (fragrant eggplant) with octopus strips

Yummy... what about you?
Apr 10, 2008 10:53
i love chinese food! you must try lhasa restaurants!
Apr 10, 2008 21:53
  • SHESGOTTOBE
There is a restaurant in Beijing where I really loved the fried rice and shrimp with snow peas. Another one where they cooked prawns with some really good sauce. Sadly, I don't even know the restaurants names. *sob*

But I'm sure I will remember if I see them again. ^_^
Apr 14, 2008 00:49
  • VIVIANHONG
Any one like dishes of Hunan and Sichuan provinces?
very hot and spicy...
especially chilly boiled fish.
miss that taste.
Apr 15, 2008 00:51
  • PETERSEAFORD
just spent a month in China - before i arrived i was sure that i would not like the food from what other travelers told me .
well let me say i had the pleasure of visiting 13 major cities and ate all Chinese food except one "kfc" - just to try in China - and one dinner at "M on the Bund" in Shanghai.

the food without exception was fantastic and even though i was not sure what i was eating it all tasted beaut.

i had green tea with every meal and local beer - never felt better in my life and was completely surprised because i did not really enjoy Chinese food in Australia.

years ago here the food was very similar to what it is in China today but here now the dishes seem to have been transformed into almost fast takeaway without all the time and effort put in by cooks in China - or so it seems to me.

i will revisit our local Chinese resturant just to practice my Chinese as i am determined to learn more before i visit your beautiful country again next year.

really enjoyed all the variety that was available . Peking Duck was beaut but i was told about West Lake Duck but could not find that in Hangzhou and was told in my hotel - Lilly - that there is no such thing only West Lake Fish so i had that and it was good too

have bought a Chinese cook book and will do some homework about your food

regards peter
Post a Reply to: Best restaurant you have been in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code