Menu
Obtain chinese visa in Hong Kong or Macau
Apr 10, 2008 04:25
  • JAAPF
I want to travel this weekend from China to Macau but because my chinese visa will expire I need to get a new visa (for as long as possible)
My questions:
* is there ANY way to get the visa in Macau preferrebly in the weekend or else @ monday
* When the first isn't possible is there any way to get the visa in hong kong on monday (i will go to hong kong at sunday evening or monday morning?). And where can i get that visa in 1 day?

As far as i know i can only get a chinese visa for 7 days in Macau.

Please help me out!

Thanks in advance,

Jaap
Apr 10, 2008 06:02
  • JABAROOTOO
In Hong Kong you can get one in just one day.
I'm sorry I cannot give you the name of the agency but the one I used was near the MONGKOK subway station on the corner of Sai Yee street about Nelson and Shantung Sts.

I'm sure you'll get some more accurate information from other members. Be sure to get in early, before lunch and you can collect it by 6.00pm. I got in about two o'clock and paid extra to have mine processed in the same day HK$600 which was still good value.

Don't say what kind of visa you want and they will probably assume that you need an F visa which will give you six months.

Apr 10, 2008 06:30
  • JAAPF
Tnx for the information, i heard that is is very difficult recently to get a multiple entry visum and my college's only could get a 1 month (or 2 month with double entry) visa.
Anyone know a specific travel agency who can give out longer visa?
Apr 10, 2008 07:15
  • FRENCHGIRL
I am in the same situation, but unfortunately it seems a little difficult to get informations. The last I heard are that it is indeed getting pretty tough to get a visa. I phoned the cts in Macau this morning, and they told me i could only get a one week tourist visa, and it should be like that until the october 17th. They said it was the same in HK. As the policy changed today, the travel agencies may not have been informed of the changes and they are still giving wrong infos, like that you can get a one month or three month visa. So be careful. I have to go back home myself, and try to get something else from abroad eventhough i heard from someone in the UK that it's getting hard overthere as well. Wait and see, maybe they're going to change their mind? (I really doubt it, but you never know with China...and that's why we like it here, right ;))
Apr 10, 2008 12:06
  • JCNILE123
Multiple-entry visa applications suspended
Thursday, 10 April 2008
This from the Macau Daily Times 2 hours ago.
by Natalie Leung
The issuance of multiple-entry visas to foreign passport holders was yesterday confirmed by the Commissioner's Office of Chinese Foreign Ministry in Macau as being suspended for an uncertain period.
Spokeswoman for the Consular Affairs Department of the Commissioner's Office, Zhou Yong-mei, told the Macau Daily Times that "the issuance of some types of multiple-entry visas is affected due to the adjustment of the visa processing system".
"As to when the application will come back to normal, we do not have an exact answer by now," Ms Zhou said, adding that it would "of course" be resumed in the future.
Valid multiple-entry visas which are currently held by foreign visitors have not been affected by the move.
However, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu denied on Tuesday that the Chinese government had stopped issuing multiple-entry visas prior to the Beijing Olympic Games, the South China Morning Post reported.
Although applications for single and double-entry visas remain in place, holders are limited to travel on the permission to Mainland China within three months.
By contrast, multiple-entry visas allow foreign passport holders to travel back and forth to the Mainland for unlimited times, with a validation period ranging from six months to three years.
Apr 10, 2008 12:06
  • JCNILE123
Having started the suspension early last week, Ms Zhou denied to the MDTimes that it was led by the opening of the Olympic Games or its current torch relay which will return to Mainland China on May 4 and then go around the country before concluding in Beijing on August 6.
She stressed again it was "a kind of technical problem in the visa processing system".
According to a local travel agent, Juventude International Travel, however, their recent applications lodged for multiple-entry visas were rejected and "it was because of the Olympic Games".
The spokeswoman said no further details had been given explaining why the visa ban was imposed, adding that when the restriction would be lifted remained unknown.
While the fee for a single-entry or double-entry visa is about 150 patacas and 220 patacas respectively, a multiple-entry one costs from six-month's 400 patacas to three-year's 600 patacas.
country before concluding in Beijing on August 6.
She stressed again it was "a kind of technical problem in the visa processing system".
According to a local travel agent, Juventude International Travel, however, their recent applications lodged for multiple-entry visas were rejected and "it was because of the Olympic Games".
The spokeswoman said no further details had been given explaining why the visa ban was imposed, adding that when the restriction would be lifted remained unknown.
While the fee for a single-entry or double-entry visa is about 150 patacas and 220 patacas respectively, a multiple-entry one costs from six-month's 400 patacas to three-year's 600 patacas.
Apr 10, 2008 12:10
  • JCNILE123
As I read from AP news, Frenchgirl is right Hong Kong is alike.
Apr 17, 2008 13:31
GUESTGUEST_SR "Visa applicants are increasing in a large number and need longer waiting time in the visa office recently. If you don't reside or work in Hong Kong permanently, you are required to apply Chinese visa from the Embassy or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in your resident country. You are welcome to China for tourism, business, visit of the Olympic Games." http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/default.htm

So... no more visas in Hong Kong for us foreigners? I'd love to visit Beijing this summer, but can't apply for a visa in my home country, since I'm staying in Taiwan at the moment (and I have a Taiwanese ARC, does that help?). My nationality is German.
Do you guys have any suggestions for me?
Thanks in advance
Oct 30, 2009 05:34
GUEST64198 I was just in Macau last week and got a 1 year (yes 1 year!) multiple entry China Visa. It only took a couple of hours. This, they told me, is a new service. Here is the email to contact them: chinavisamacau@gmail. or you can call 853 6216 8900 (macau) or china 86-15344868900.
Nov 2, 2009 03:38
  • DIDOU2502
hi

how much was the cost ?

could you give back email because this one doen't work

thanks
Nov 3, 2009 01:24
GUEST06234 Cost depends on Passport....the email should be gmail.com|chinavisamacau I would move quickly as China is getting tougher everyday....Americans are only getting 15 days now. Period!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Obtain chinese visa in Hong Kong or Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code